Reporting a dangerous truck driver

Toyota 86 Driver

Hi,

Do trucking companies/couriers actually care if I report a dangerous truck driver to their supervisor or manager as in will they do anything? I.e have a word with the offending driver? The truck is clearly marked with a company name and phone number which I will not disclose here.

It's cause I am seriously considering reporting a very dangerous truck driver that was tailgating me, tailgating and high beaming a learner driver, most likely speeding and and ran a red light. Not talking about a SUV truck here, I am talking about a light duty Isuzu NPR or whatever the model is called.

Edited by Toyota 86 Driver

Eric depending on the company most will have a chat with the driver but personally I would talk to your local police about it, if you have all the information pass it on too them. One thing I do know is most truck drivers do try their best to be safe on the road, and do all they can too help out anyone stuck behind them by moving over to let you by. Some however should not be allowed behind a wheel of any type of vehicle so I would report them too the police also saying you have alerted the company concerned.

Keep Safe

KAA

This is a situation where it pays to have both a front and rear camera to substantiate your claim ot intimadatory tactics etc..

What the trucking company is going to be concerned about is whether one of their trucks is involved in an accident and its impact upon their insurance premium.

Maybe a "friendly" call to that particular company and strongly suggest that any repeat incidence is likely to get posted on social media and brought to the attention of the Police. It is a case of sticking to the facts for serious consideration rather than an emotionally charged tirade which will most likely be ignored.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KAA said:

Eric depending on the company most will have a chat with the driver but personally I would talk to your local police about it, if you have all the information pass it on too them. One thing I do know is most truck drivers do try their best to be safe on the road, and do all they can too help out anyone stuck behind them by moving over to let you by. Some however should not be allowed behind a wheel of any type of vehicle so I would report them too the police also saying you have alerted the company concerned.

Keep Safe

KAA

Many Thanks KAA!. Yep, most likely will be reporting this guy to cops. I reckon the cops might want to talk to this guy personally or at least visit the depot and talk to the supervisors if they get enough complaints regarding his dangerous driving.

I was unable to do anything but drive when this guy was starting to tailgate me, I was already in the leftmost lane and there were cars in the middle lane so unable to change lanes safely.

YW Eric, as Ashley said that is the time having cameras is the best route as you have video evidence then which is an aid to your complaint both to the company concerned and to the police. I do hope someone else has passed any experience they have had with the same driver to his company, or to the police. Sooner or later Karma will hit that driver I just hope it is sooner before something bad does happen.

KAA

On 10/30/2022 at 5:40 PM, Toyota 86 Driver said:

Do trucking companies/couriers actually care if I report a dangerous truck driver to their supervisor or manager as in will they do anything?

Contact A Current Affair mate and they'll have their attack dogs on the case. It would be a great opportunity for them to do a story on the Trucking Industry whilst they're at it. If you have the full details of the offending Lunatic, then by all means offer it up.

Another mob is Dash Cams Australia youtube channel. You need to have decent footage of the offense for that one. 

Some of these drivers are so hopped up on chemicals they're willing to risk it all. 
There are more Morons per capita who drive trucks who shouldn't be, but it's the reality of the modern era with logistics being the number one driver of the economy since the death of our manufacturing sector.

If possible, next time, move left and let the brain dead Moron pass you.

On 11/2/2022 at 4:45 AM, Tony Prodigy said:

If possible, next time, move left and let the brain dead Moron pass you.

Apologies for the late reply, haven't been on here for a week. I was already leftmost lane and couldn't physically go faster because there was a semi, coach and 5 cars ahead of me which the semi and coach will take a longer time to get up to speed so its not like I am being a prick and deliberately driving slow to try to annoy/provoke other drivers.

Update: Saw this truck get pulled over by an undercover cop on the other side of the road. Not sure what for. Probably tailgating and high beaming the car in front not realising that it was an undercover cop. Or speeding.