100000kms Service

Hello people,

I need to do a 100000kms service on a 2000 5 speed manual Caroller.

I've worked out all the parts that I need to change, and I am going to change the gearbox oil too.

Only i've never done this and would like to know what the best approach.

I was thinking of dropping the oil in the box (where is the plug?) then cutting a peice of garden hose to put in the fill hole (where the fill hole?) leading to a funnel and getting the oil in like that, coz I don’t have one of those pump thingos on those 20L drums, will this work?

Whats a good grade oil to use in the box too? I was thinking Castrol VMX80 or a 75w85 grade!

you help is much appreciated

Ok, I just did the service and all went well.....

Problem: I pulled out the air box, and the coll container and I can't find the fill bolt on the gear box any where! I had a good look under the car for the gear box drain bolt too and I can't find it! Does some one out there know where these two bolts are on the gear box? Please!

The gearbox filler plug is on the front of the box in the middle roughly...

And the drain plug is on the passenger side at the side / base join of the gearbox...

MAKE SURE YOU UNDO THE FILLER PLUG FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You do this incase you can't get it off in the first place so you won't be left with no oil in the box...

Good grade oil for your box would be 75/90...

The gearbox filler plug is on the front of the box in the middle roughly...

And the drain plug is on the passenger side at the side / base join of the gearbox...

MAKE SURE YOU UNDO THE FILLER PLUG FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You do this incase you can't get it off in the first place so you won't be left with no oil in the box...

Good grade oil for your box would be 75/90...

Thank you sooo much, i'll check it out tonight!

thanx again.