Time to Buy Another Car

Hey Guys, is there anyone out there who can let me know if there is anything I should look out for when buying a AE112R model of Corolla. I have found a 99' with about 120k on the clock. Appears to be in good condition but I don't know anything about this model. Any advise would be appreciated.

My mum and GF I think have that model and it goes really well past 160k.

Weird thing is the GF's one has airbag and ABS ???? and its older still. Very cheap to run. Just keep the oil changed and make sure that the one you buy has been looked after. Bothe of them are auto 1.8 conquests.

Graheme, seriously, with 2 Sportivos in the garage why do you need another car? Surely you're not getting rid of one :(

Im thinking maybe he wants a runa around for the bub?

Hey Guys, is there anyone out there who can let me know if there is anything I should look out for when buying a AE112R model of Corolla. I have found a 99' with about 120k on the clock. Appears to be in good condition but I don't know anything about this model. Any advise would be appreciated.

hey mate..thats a realli good choice of car..coz i'm driving it too..dun expect too much of power though..other than that its a great car to drive arnd in..nice shape and body..

i guess it shld be pretty much the same things to look out for in buying any car..check for leaks..weld marks(previously from accidents)..overall drivability i guess..

anyways..good luck with the car..drop a pic or too when u do get it.. :)

Graheme, seriously, with 2 Sportivos in the garage why do you need another car? Surely you're not getting rid of one :(

Anyone like to buy a 2004 Sportivo?

Man why do you have to tempt us!!! B)

Great choice with the AE112R :) :) :) ...

Great car, just go over the entire car, check the engine bay seam marks around the back corners, check all the panels line up, check numbers, do a REVS check and so on...

If all is well, then make your decision...

The kms are around average for a 99 model...

Thanks for everyone's advise.

Rolla-Boy, I really like what you have done with your ride, looks great. I appreciate your comments, with all your experience with this model you must have quite a bit of knowledge. It's good to know that there are no substantial manufacturing issues that i should be on the look out for. :)

you going to get it and keep it stock? or you looking at the turbo version?

No Turbo. Just a quality run about that I can put the baby in & not worry about it. I've even been looking at 2000-2002 Camry's, I know they are a Grandpa car but there a good size for carrying baby stuff around. I'm putting my 04 up for sale this week. It's now back to stock as I've put all my parts on to my 05. I will be asking $22500 Neg for the 04 if you know anyone who's interested. I will also be putting a post up on the Forum in the Buy/Sell section.

Yeh i reccomend this car.. Mines been driven 110,000kms so far, 2001 facelift model and hasnt missed a beat. Hasnt been any issues with the car as yet.. and still drives as good as new.

just do ya standard checks on the car.. i dont think there are any specific issues to look out for!