Edit:PICS: Change of Air intake, comments?

Hello All,

Those who have read, this was the first setup i did:

sml15yz.th.jpg

But ive decided to change it. I felt i lost power due to the extra distance (and restriction) the air was being drawn from, and that the 'cold' air wasnt compensating enough for this. So i changed it to a short setup, and put a simple little air direction tubing in it.

newintake11wf.th.jpg

newintake22om.th.jpg

Comments please?

Thanks

James

Edited by James88

Hehe, yeh i figgured it might be kinda illegal, but ive never had a cop pop open my bonnet before....

Oh and bout the noice, dont take what i said the wrong way, i LOVE IT :D. Sounds beasty. Mrs loves the sound too

Another thing I was told but I think it was just a scare tactic from the exhaust fitter is that sometimes with unboxed pods you get a whistle sound in your exhaust. I don't know how exactly since it's air going into your cylinders and then fumed out through your exhaust manifold/extractors. I think he just wanted more money to set it up for me. For future reference though, what CAN cause a whistle sound in your exhaust is if they try to cheap you and use a one braided side piece on the tail of your extractors(can't remember the name of the part) instead of a piece that's braided inside and out. Go on.. make more noise :P

A job well done! :lol: It looks very professional and well executed, did u have any dramas? (i.e. for a 1zzefe rolla, a frikkin' tub of nothingness just behind the foglight :angry: )