Who rides GHETTO low?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the lowest you can go is a coke can, i think

So get a coke can, put it under ur car, imagine ur car at that height ;)

Ignore the coke can crap Brad. I got sucked into that as well. The coke can is just a general guide. They measure 123mm high (unless you're talking about rolling it under the car). 100mm off the ground is the legal limit. Period lol. I've already been through this mannnny a time hahaha.

oVo how low you wanna go really? and what with? spring/shock combo? coilovers?

I dunno how low i wanna go...funds wise, i'm in the same boat as RMEI "Project El Cheapo".

I've got the worst drive way in n out, so i don wanna go too low...

I hear that changin springs to either Kings etc will eventually have a saggin effect because the Stivos aren't used to being lowered to that height or something...is that true?

I plan to keep my pride n joy for ages so i'm real cautious on wat i wanna do...

Would love to get Coilovers but i'm lookin at other mods too so gotta spread the funds.

I'm balancing between gettin bigger rims wit low profiles or just loweing...i'm not sure...>_<

Hmm. Methinks 35mm drop w. koni yellows for you oVo. However Koni Yellows are still expensive. 35mm drop on stock shocks is fine but they're wear out eventually. Maybe invest in some Koni's. I've heard bad things about re-valving shocks.

Hmm. Methinks 35mm drop w. koni yellows for you oVo. However Koni Yellows are still expensive. 35mm drop on stock shocks is fine but they're wear out eventually. Maybe invest in some Koni's. I've heard bad things about re-valving shocks.

How much do Koni Yellows go for generally?

N wen u say wear out eventually...like wat time from we talkin? (eg 1 year or 5 years? or we talkin Ks?)

Shocks "re-valving"? :unsure: wat's dat?

Thanks for ur words of wisdom ^_^

How much do Koni Yellows go for generally?

N wen u say wear out eventually...like wat time from we talkin? (eg 1 year or 5 years? or we talkin Ks?)

Shocks "re-valving"? :unsure: wat's dat?

Thanks for ur words of wisdom ^_^

Tis alllllll good :D

Well I'm on 35mm drop at the moment and my shocks are starting to feel a little worn. Only a little. It's bumpier than the original springs (I'm used to bumpy though, that's just me). I'd say they'd wear out after 3 - 4 years with 35mm drop?

Koni Yellow's I think brand new are $800 - $1000 I think? I'm not too sure. Grab a few quotes.

'Re-valving' is when you take your current factory shocks and you re-new their valving to suit the 35mm drop (or 50mm or even 65mm if you're brave lol). I have heard bad things though. Perhaps simply saving up for coilovers and doing it right the first time is on the cards for you? I'm owning my car for a long time and this is what I'm doing, purely due to the fact I can adjust the ride height. I'm not stuck at any particular height. Plus I can stiffen or soften the suspension easily. I'm grabbing D2's for $1750, but JAZE fitted G4's to his rolla and he's wrapped in them. $1350 I think? That might be the go for you. Ride height adjustable and they can be softened or stiff also. They're still comfy to ride on if you tune them appropriately.

Hope this helps you! Any other queries PM me oVo. ;)

Someone here must got that pic where i fit in a ciggarette box underneath the car. It just touches the chassis rail - given that it is 9cm off ground from chassis. But, perhaps the ground is not level, well, i should be at around 9-10cm.

i actually scrubbed b4 .. :( can not fit my finger inbetween the guard.. migh have to go 110mm.

I dont know how u get around with 90 danz .. hardcore!

That means u r riding lower than me :) I keep 1 finger gap for safe measure, and I do not recommend riding lower than that to be honest. 100mm is safe - 90mm is about as far as u should go. Between the centre hub to the fender should be at around 30-31cm.

With my height, u can load full passenger without rub - unless u corner that is, sometimes slow speed still produces rubbing of the fender plastic guard, and uneven road will also rub it.

Driving alone is fine.

Or it could be your 18inch - my tyre size is actually making it smaller overall diametre than standard. I know if i run 205/45 (which is closer to standard than running 215/40/17) I will rub with this height. I assume u r running 215/35/18?

That means u r riding lower than me :) I keep 1 finger gap for safe measure, and I do not recommend riding lower than that to be honest. 100mm is safe - 90mm is about as far as u should go. Between the centre hub to the fender should be at around 30-31cm.

With my height, u can load full passenger without rub - unless u corner that is, sometimes slow speed still produces rubbing of the fender plastic guard, and uneven road will also rub it.

Driving alone is fine.

arh serious? gotta adjust it abit higher then.. the back is perfect now .. guard over the wheel .. front seems abit low .. prob. adjust it tomz.

u'll have to come out sometime n show me how low ur's sit danz! :)

gOODbOYz nice ride!!! :D

looks good lowered like that!!

arh thanx man.. i love ur avator.. looks cute :)

Sure, perhaps we coilover owners should meet one day. Its holiday anyway, so it should be good.

So far in Melbourne we got you, spec_black, BanGn and I who r running coilovers - do I miss some others?

maybe ZAV n specialize32 might have coilovers ?

yeah lets have another meet soon .. ! i think big bums is arranging a cruise this sunday to GOR..

Sure, perhaps we coilover owners should meet one day. Its holiday anyway, so it should be good.

So far in Melbourne we got you, spec_black, BanGn and I who r running coilovers - do I miss some others?

yeah lets have another meet soon .. ! i think big bums is arranging a cruise this sunday to GOR..

YES YES GOR cruise on sunday! Cum cum everyone! :D

Charms is a chick dude hahahaha.

Pity I'm not down in melbourne then. I've had a lot of info and help from the melbournites. Shame I'm not closer :(

Danz - 90mm

BanGn - 60mm (now back to 100mm - crazy mo fo lol)

Mario - 100mm (now back up to 110mm because of scrubbing issues w. 17's)

Bill (xoom) - 100mm

Wei Wei - 90 - 100mm

Pippy - 100mm

JAZE - 100mm (about to be methinks?)

gOODbOYz - 100mm

spec_black - 100mm

vyets - 100mm in a few days ;) lol

Edited by Northy

me tooOO! but i dont fink im going 100mm low i want 2 finger gap how low is that?? lolz

i guess i should measure mine also

im pretty sure she's at least 100mm.. the gaurd is on the rubber...