Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Glass Cleaner

KAA

Ok so grabbed a bottle of the new Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Glass Cleaner on sale finally at a decent price $20 instead of the usual $31-$32 a bottle. So far i am very impressed with it, the sprayer is fantastic as it gives a very fine even spray covering a big area in one pass. The wipe off is brilliant no streaks at all and can be used for all glass including your info screens etc. Thought I would pass this on in case any other wish to try it out, also grabbed 2 bottles of the Bars Bugs Windscreen additive at Repco for $3 a 600 Ml bottle so I would check out all the sales currently on at your favourite store as lots of great bargis about but would definitely recommend the TW Glass Cleaner it is probably the best I have tried in quite a while.

KAA

Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Streak Free Mist Glass Cleaner 591mL, , scaau_hi-res

• Like 1

Nice one Rob :thumbsup:

It has me thinking that why you'd need such a product when your car is always minty :msn-wink:

I've never been a fan of glass cleaner in the past mainly due to the streaky finish. Those were all mainly ammonia based too and not pleasant when you get a head wind blow the mist into your face when trying to apply it. I gave up on glass cleaner eventually when a mate of mine showed me a simple trick by just using a microfibre cloth and hot water. 

Dip the cloth into a shallow bucket of hot water, wring out as much as you can, and go to work cleaning the glass. The heat in the cloth dissolves and mops up everything and then evaporates squeaky clean.

If the glass in more funkified, use two buckets and two cloths. First bucket and cloth does the cleaning and the second mops ups. You'll be surprised how amazing and simple it is and very cost effective, Like $0.

However, in saying that, I'd never knock any of the TW Hybrid Solutions range.
That new glass cleaner is actually a good product but there's no way I'd be paying $30 for it.
You're paying a premium for the fancy bottle too.
They claim it to be streak free because it's alcohol based. Not sure of the exact formula, but being ammonia free, this is why they can claim "streak free".

• Thanks 1

Thanks Tony, Well I have a OCD with my glass, I also used to be very careful with most glass cleaner products as you said I do try and keep "Faye" pristine and took me a while to actually buy something as I also did as you suggested for years a hot water clean and wipe using the 2 bucket 2 cloth method and yes I did get good results and still do that every now and then. And I follow a few detailers on Y-Tube and when I saw the new TW products being tested on there noted down the glass one and when I saw it was on sale I decided to lash out and try it. I was pretty impressed I must say with no streaks and a lovely finish. Yes the prices are bloody ridiculous for all the car products these days, so this will last me a long time as I will only use it every now and then. But my beloved wife told me to buy something for me as I never do and think she felt guilty having just bought a few dresses herself, so to make her happy i got it. You being my go to detail man understands we must keep our loved ones happy so she was happy I was happy and I get to live a few more years LOL

Keep Well My Dear Friend

• Thanks 1