Knocking or clunking sound in my 2grfe

RoicyQ

Greetings to all!

I would like to have your opinions regarding this knocking sound or clunking sound  (I posted the link of the video) on my 2008 camry 3.5 v6 with 80,000 km. The sound happened recently and it was consistent with the rpm (the higher the revs the speed of the clunking sound is simultaneous to it), sometimes upon first start up the clunking sound is absent and its was not audible but as the car reaches optimal temp and there's some load in it the sound appears. I have already changed the oil but the problem is still subsiting and I have consulted with all the mechanics (they've done extensive diagnosis to locate the sound) within my locality regarding it and they all opined that it is an internal issue (like the bearings or rods). But upon using the car yesterday I was baffled, since the clunking noise was not apparent even if I revved the car to 3k on load on the street (beyond 4k there's some clunking sound). I have accepted the fact that I might be needing a new engine and I'm in the process of dividing my budget for it. Any opinions or comments regarding it that might help?

Thankyou so much in advance 

Link:

20230929_200942.mp4

On 11/21/2023 at 5:59 PM, ozieagle said:

Hi,

Check the exhaust system, to see if a hanger has failed and the pipes are hitting the body, somewhere.

Herb

I already checked it underneath but its not the exhaust hanger unfortunately 

Not good for an engine to only have 80K on it.

It sounds to me like a big end knock. That engine is done. 

It may have had a very bad service history, sludge build up, loss of oil pressure or blocked oil pick up starving the bearings of oil.

You'll know for sure when it's torn down. I hope you could share those images if you ever replace the engine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2023 at 3:55 AM, Tony Prodigy said:

Not good for an engine to only have 80K on it.

It sounds to me like a big end knock. That engine is done. 

It may have had a very bad service history, sludge build up, loss of oil pressure or blocked oil pick up starving the bearings of oil.

You'll know for sure when it's torn down. I hope you could share those images if you ever replace the engine.

Sorry for the late replies. Yes will do, Im in the process of buying a 2grfe engine block and once the original engine is to be lifted down I'll investigate the culprit of the problem and share some pics of its internals 

• Like 2