Second hand Spotivo

Hi gents,

My first post here.

I am planning to buy a second hand '03 with 40K Sportivo. My mind is almost clear, however, I need some negative feedback. Wrong forum for this, sure :) ... but. ANything I should check/consider? I don't know any Sportivo owners, don't know what's good/bad about these cars.

Anything?

open the drivers door, next to the hinge there should be a silver plate with a date and a serial number on it, this will save u the hassle of getting the intake and ecu recall done yourself.

the clutches are sometimes a bit funny in 03's, but u can go to toyota and get a clutch adjustment done, for more info on that just seach this site there's tons of threads on it. apart from that the only other thing i can think is to check that its not registered on REVS, cos there was one a couple of weeks ago that that looked like a bargain apart from the fact that the bank owned every bit of it!

ok, so now time for the important questions :P

what colour? any mods yet? where are u from? (cos i know someone will force u to the meet wherever u are closest too!)

i can think is to check that its not registered on REVS, cos there was one a couple of weeks ago that that looked like a bargain apart from the fact that the bank owned every bit of it!

How do I do that?

ok, so now time for the important questions :P

what colour? any mods yet? where are u from? (cos i know someone will force u to the meet wherever u are closest too!)

black of course! no mods...yet :)

just out of curiousity... how much are you looking to pay for the car???

$19,500-20,500. Yes most of these cars or sale are around 22-23K, but I don't know who pays that. That's how mush I am willing to offer.

Hey man,

Welcome to the club :D

Sportivo's are great little cars, but they have had a few issues. That being said i think the fact that its a mad sports car with lift outweigh these issues. Every car has em...

Anyway im not being a nazi, just pointing you to your answers: :P

There's a HUGE thread that lists and discusses all the issues that have arose with the sportivos:

SPORTIVO ISSUES

and if you go to the top of the corolla page, you'll see a thread called "PREVIOUSLY COVERED TOPICS" or something.. have a look in there.. its a good rundown of the more important information on this site, as well as what to buy and where to buy it when it comes to modding :D

Where are you from? We have monthly meets in most capital cities, so you'll have to come along one day.

to check the car on REVS, go to the REVS website... and follow their steps...

Enjoy your stay here :)

Cheers,

Tom

Negative feedback.. hmm.. i think there is one and that is most 03-04 Stivo owners won't part for any less than $20grand because they are fantastic cars imo ;) The engine and gearbox alone is worth more than $10grand new, its top of the range stuff. Despite some of the little niggles, rattles here and there, i don't see much negative to really talk about the Corolla Sportivo or else i would have sold mine already for dirt cheap.

I have had mine for about six months now no issues that havent been fixed quickly. The old owners put up with a noisy aircon fan that I had fixed on my first visit to the dealer along with the hi rpm shifting issue.

I love the performance and fuel economy mix.

Negative feedback.. hmm.. i think there is one and that is most 03-04 Stivo owners won't part for any less than $20grand because they are fantastic cars imo ;) The engine and gearbox alone is worth more than $10grand new, its top of the range stuff. Despite some of the little niggles, rattles here and there, i don't see much negative to really talk about the Corolla Sportivo or else i would have sold mine already for dirt cheap.

RRP on a short engine(Sump to rocker cover) is just on $11000 from what I've been quoted. Hence why I jumped on the engine that Southside Toyota in Brissy had on their surplus parts listing for $5800 for Northy!!!