injen cai install

hey mate, what year is your ascent?how much is your injen cai?is there alot hp after you install it?or is it just few hp increase?thanks man

my one is late 04 ascent and i got it for 370. theres heaps more torque as it hit 3.5 and at 4 it just pulls pretty good. but i have a cat back exhaust. can't seem to hear the induction noise much but can hear it on idle.

• 5 months later...

i have a facelift acent and i installed my injen cai and apparently the fit is really tight. the piping is touching the headlight. any advice??

hey dude can u tell me where you got your injen cai?

Bangn is selling his in the Buy/Sell section.

hey mate, what year is your ascent?how much is your injen cai?is there alot hp after you install it?or is it just few hp increase?thanks man

A typical CAI gives an average 10-15Hp gain depends on location of POd..and the dispersement of exhaust,Ive got the injen in my02 ascent & a complete exhaust from custom headers to the 2.1/4 system..man its noticable now that ive installed the Fc....well u gotta try it out :yahoo:

A typical CAI gives an average 10-15Hp gain depends on location of POd..and the dispersement of exhaust,Ive got the injen in my02 ascent & a complete exhaust from custom headers to the 2.1/4 system..man its noticable now that ive installed the Fc....well u gotta try it out :yahoo:

So you telling me, I can get gains on an Ascent? I thought there were no proven gains on the 1ZZ-FE engine? What happens if my car is Automatic? slapping in a CAI and exhaust al lthe way through would give me gains? Someone's has been telling me lies!! LOL

So you telling me, I can get gains on an Ascent? I thought there were no proven gains on the 1ZZ-FE engine? What happens if my car is Automatic? slapping in a CAI and exhaust al lthe way through would give me gains? Someone's has been telling me lies!! LOL

Of course you can get gains on the 1ZZFE. It's the same as every other engine afterall.

The work done on MAP81's car (CAI, Exhaust and ignition timing) increased his power by a dyno proven 12kw ATW. Not bad for a car that makes "100kw" at the flywheel, and when you compare the overall power and torque to something like an AE111 20V 4age that is rated at 160ps from the factory, the modded 1ZZ makes more power at the wheels in real life. (I'd personally like to see a ZZ motor transplanted into an older lighter AE series shell to see how it goes ;))

Mintos also achieved excellent gains from his 1ZZ.

The increase for similar mods on an auto would be less due to the extra drivetrain loss associated with the auto boxes.

Edited by rollamods

Of course you can get gains on the 1ZZFE. It's the same as every other engine afterall.

The work done on MAP81's car (CAI, Exhaust and ignition timing) increased his power by a dyno proven 12kw ATW. Not bad for a car that makes "100kw" at the flywheel, and when you compare the overall power and torque to something like an AE111 20V 4age that is rated at 160ps from the factory, the modded 1ZZ makes more power at the wheels in real life. (I'd personally like to see a ZZ motor transplanted into an older lighter AE series shell to see how it goes ;))

Mintos also achieved excellent gains from his 1ZZ.

The increase for similar mods on an auto would be less due to the extra drivetrain loss associated with the auto boxes.

Jason I keep dropping hints to a few people on Toymods and SRC and a couple on Twincam to do this... I can't wait for someone to actually do it... what they don't realise it the 2ZZ-GE is actually a few kg lighter then the 4A-GE as well... ;)

I personally like to see one mounted into a RWD... preferably an RA23 :spiteful::whistling:

The work done on MAP81's car (CAI, Exhaust and ignition timing)

What did you do with the ignition timing?

E-Manage