time to change the battery??

sigh... i know no1 is gonna reply until tonight... but anyway... posting it anyway.....

y'day.. was gonna drive home from work (front bumper free <_< )

it had some problem starting up..... but of course.. still start up in 1 go.. it took like 2-3 secs to start

2nd... this morning.. i realised.. when i switch on the head lights...

the light will not be as bright... when i use the electric window ...

same to all the lights inside the car..

once i use the window... the dig. clock, all lights in console.. they all go dull.....

is this normal for all the corollas?? can u guys try it out?

using the window... by pulling the trigger for at least 2 seconds...

Yeah, my lights dim if I try and close a window that is already closed. Don't know if it is normal, guess I'll find out with you.

likewise, sometimes at night while i have my driving lights onand im stuck in traffic I check to see if my windows are all properly closed, it dims as i push the buttons to check the windows. however my console lights and so forth does not dim to my knowledge.

Yeah, my lights dim if I try and close a window that is already closed. Don't know if it is normal, guess I'll find out with you.

likewise, sometimes at night while i have my driving lights onand im stuck in traffic I check to see if my windows are all properly closed, it dims as i push the buttons to check the windows. however my console lights and so forth does not dim to my knowledge.

Could this be an inherent problem amongst all corollas? I've recently installed a new battery and the lights still dim when i use my electric windows whilst having the driving lights on >_< but the car will be serviced soon and we'll see what toyota ppls have to say

wow i didnt expect this to be this common...

my friends got 1 of these.. battery testing thing... i might borrow it from him...

they just stick in the cigarette lighter thingy... hope its accurate

i just bought those pivot crap... need to pick it up....

Edited by XploShun

wow i didnt expect this to be this common...

my friends got 1 of these.. battery testing thing... i might borrow it from him...

they just stick in the cigarette lighter thingy... hope its accurate

i just bought those pivot crap... need to pick it up....

i have an e-manage volt gizmo - doesn't eliminate the problem, just better start up and a little increase in torque. <_<

i have exactly the same problem too....must be a corolla thing

Edited by neK

This is common on most small cars, because they're usually fitted with smaller batteries and alternators.

The best you can do to minimise this is ensure your terminals are clean and free from corrosion and check the battery fluid in the cells from time to time unless you have a dry cell.

i know my battery needs some water... need to buy some!!

anyway... something off topic.. but hope u guys can answer me

i just bought this pivot raizin stuff..

im just wondering.. wts the difference between one with earth cable and the one w/o earth cable?

im not sure wts a earth cable...

does it prevent like electric shocks on doors and stuff?? :huh: ?? just a guess.....

it doesnt do better right?

Our corolla batteries are crap :) .. need to throw something more powerful.

i know my battery needs some water... need to buy some!!

anyway... something off topic.. but hope u guys can answer me

i just bought this pivot raizin stuff..

im just wondering.. wts the difference between one with earth cable and the one w/o earth cable?

im not sure wts a earth cable...

does it prevent like electric shocks on doors and stuff?? :huh: ?? just a guess.....

it doesnt do better right?

The more Earth cables u ground in your car.. the better the electrical flow will circulates,

o crap.. :blink:

i didnt get the earthing kit...

NOOOoooooo... can i buy the kit alone from pivot? or DIY one up?! :P

sigh... although i luv my car.. but i have to admit... corolla has plenty of tiny problems...

just from reading this forum...

the more u like the car... the more tiny problems u will find out... :unsure::unsure:

Edited by XploShun

o crap.. :blink:

i didnt get the earthing kit...

NOOOoooooo... can i buy the kit alone from pivot? or DIY one up?! :P

sigh... although i luv my car.. but i have to admit... corolla has plenty of tiny problems...

just from reading this forum...

the more u like the car... the more tiny problems u will find out... :unsure::unsure:

I got one from Japan around $60AUS. But actually pretty much you can DIY too. You can find cables/connector at Repco. After install, the car feel smooth on low rpm (only) :P

Yip I also have the same issue when using windows I do notice a slight dim in the head lights...

So checked out my mates Mazda 3 SP23 and his car also does the exact same when he uses his electric windows... must be a common thing I guess :-P

Another thing I have noticed is...

When leaving work at night jump in my car turn on the lights (cause it's dard by the time I leave) and about 1 second after pulling off my lights go dim (exact same as if I push the button on my windows).

This only happens after the first full off... I have tried warming up the car before pull off, and same things happens, soon as I pull off the lights flicker (once, quickly).

Even if I sit there reving the engine it's all good... just the very first pull off it happens... strange but true... not sure what it is but must be some electronic thing turing on when the wheels start turning???? NO Idea...

Not sure if it happens at home or not but happens every day after work (dark street so might tend to notice it or maby it's after the car is sitting for a longer period of time... who knows.. never really took too much notice of it really) :D

Ow well all is good any way :-)

Cheers

FB