Civic Type-R vs Clio Sport vs Rolla Stivo

Hi Guys,

Managed to get a hold of a 20 min clip where top gear puts the above 3 to the test. They brought on 3 amaturs to give it a bell n they voted as follows:

1) civic

2) clio

3) rolla

Then the presenters took them for a spin and did some tests on a what was descibed as an "Urban circuit" like setup on normal street tarmac with the following results. The conditions looked like it was reasonably cold and the road was a little damp it spots and dry in others - not raining but it looked a bit shiny here n there n a bit dry here and there also. All timing done via what they called satelite telemetry system.

0-40 MPH

1)Rolla - 4.85 secs

2)Clio - 5.20 secs (they thought this would be quicker than the rolla guess they we wrong)

3)Civic - 5.8 secs (funny they claim a time of 6.8 0-62 mph ????)

Total lap time

Civic - 49.5 secs (felt the suspension setup let u feel every little ditch in the road)

Clio - 51.3 secs (didnt feel comfortable with the brakes setup)

Rolla - 55.7 secs

40-0 MPH (braking)

Rolla - 2.41 secs in 17m with 0.9 G force

Clio - 2 secs thats all that was said

Civic - Just over 2 seconds thats all that was said

Steering lock (basically slowing and doing a corner at almost full lock will still moving)

1) Rolla

2) Clio

3) Civic

Brakes

1)Rolla

2)Civic

3)Clio

Best brakes overall and the best driving feel

Rolla

Best engine

Civic

Most dynamic chassis

Clio

Enjoy boys...i know i did...to bad they didnt do more extensive testing.

p.s. The above is just the findings of the test and the presentors and guests in the clip n i was just thrilled even though they didnt give the rolla 100% great feedback that they still recognised it as a dominant force in the hot hatch market and even sighted a few things it did better than its competition.

Cheers

Bill

its the 3 door t-sport. And the file i downloaded was from overnet a p2p program not a website so i dont think i can exactly send u a link

Cheers

Bill

40-0 MPH (braking)

Rolla - 2.41 secs in 17m with 0.9 G force

Clio - 2 secs thats all that was said

Civic - Just over 2 seconds thats all that was said

Good work Bill, you are like some kind of crazy Sportivo detective!

I know from my own G-Tech timed testing that I can (just) exceed -1.0G during braking, as long as I stay out of ABS. With full-ABS braking, G forces are only -0.8 to -0.9, so I suspect they tested the cars at full force, and as we know, the 'Rolla's ABS program is not the best.

So the moral of my story is stay out of ABS if you want to brake hard!

It may interest you all (if you don't already know) that the three car Toyota Corolla RUNX (Sportivo) team are coming 1st, 3rd & 5th in the London to Sydney rally right now.

And their closest challengers are 3 Honda Integra Type R's which are 2nd, 4th & 8th.

To be honest the results are more a reflection of the drivers' talents and/or luck at the moment rather than a comparison of the car's ability. And I would expect the Honda of McAndrew to be leading at the end.

However the Corolla has won a number of stages and seems a good match for the Type R.

Good work Bill, you are like some kind of crazy Sportivo detective!

LOL.... well when ever i get into car talk i only speak about what i know and if that means i know the s'tivo inside n out then thats perfect as because i own 1 when ever the hot hatch topic comes up amongst friends its always turns into an all out offensive on the rolla :angry::angry: and so knowing all this and having all the evidence makes for good use to shut people up :D :lol: :D :lol: e.g. the pdf's of the tests i sent out. The number of ppl who were :blink: after seeing it on paper..... :D :lol: :D lets just say they havent been back to argue the point

Moral of this story .... dont talk crap about other cars if u dont know that car and your own inside n out or u'll get unstuck and look like a moron

Cheers

Bill