XR6 vs SPORTIVO??

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i had a go with a 2006 XR6 and um after his head start i caught him and passed him at a speed you wouldnt normally and once i passed him he tapped off and stayed behind me even as i dropped to the speed limit which was 80km/h. Yes im being serious i won!

now if u can do this in my levin im sure the sportivo will kill!

LOL sure it wasn't an unmarked police car Pete?!?!?!

And that guy who said the thing about the Honda.........*shakes head*

I just think u guys are dreamers just remeber xr6 turbos do mid 13s on the track and thats stock ;). As for n/a xr6 u guys would have a nice go. Also remeber that new BFs also come with traction control which helps a lot when its on ;). Thats my 2 cents.

Find it difficult to believe that the Corolla Sportivo will hose the XR6 4.0. Front wheel drive vs rear wheel drive, the traction of the Ford will leave the Corolla spinning in it's tracks from start. After that the torque of the six will pull away.

The sportivo can't even keep up with a 92 EG Civic Vti Twin Cam.

it must be the eg6 u talkin bout(twin cam with vtec) theres not many eg6 around though, and even that would be a close run

I just think u guys are dreamers just remeber xr6 turbos do mid 13s on the track and thats stock ;). As for n/a xr6 u guys would have a nice go. Also remeber that new BFs also come with traction control which helps a lot when its on ;). Thats my 2 cents.

? I aint a dreamer, I've done it. Several times. XR6 (my uncle has a BF ute 190kw, and even then he said it annoys him with the power curve. He's too used to his 351 tho haha.)

XR6 Turbo though? Man, what can I say...you have one, and the world is your oyster in one. Mods give you so many gains etc and power to weight would be fantastic in the ute. How envious :(

Better still, like I said, look at the F6. Crazy. Prodrive have changed the face of Ford that's for sure.

I think everyone that's put something in here has mentioned the XR6T would dominate. :)

I ran an XR6 T Ute back in 2003 when my Sportivo was new.

Rolling start at 80K's, he gunned it, I dropped back to second and gunned it at the same time (dropped straight into lift) by the time we both backed off (I will not disclose the speed but lets say well into lift in 6th) he had gained about 2 car lengths. I am sure he was as surprised as I was.

I could only condlude that it was due to the rolling start which enabled me to be in lift throughout the entire race which allowed me to only drop two car lengths.

Edited by Blade Hunter

I think everyone that's put something in here has mentioned the XR6T would dominate. :)

Ohhh ohhh ohhh yeah!!! YEAH!!! Well I'm getting my dad's jumbo jet Dave! It's faster!!!

Lmfao :lol:

? I aint a dreamer, I've done it. Several times. XR6 (my uncle has a BF ute 190kw, and even then he said it annoys him with the power curve. He's too used to his 351 tho haha.)

I said that u guys are dreamers about taking xr6 turbos, and i also said that u guys have a good run with xr6 n/a :). Theres is chances taking an xr6 turbo with sportivos it all depends on the driver. I m not saying they are the best car in the world but with 2 good drivers one in tivo and one in xr6t both stock xr6t will outrun the sportivo. :)

Russ

I said that u guys are dreamers about taking xr6 turbos, and i also said that u guys have a good run with xr6 n/a :). Theres is chances taking an xr6 turbo with sportivos it all depends on the driver. I m not saying they are the best car in the world but with 2 good drivers one in tivo and one in xr6t both stock xr6t will outrun the sportivo. :)

Russ

It outran me, I like to think of myself as quite a competent driver. What surprised me was by how short the distance he pulled on me was.

Russ

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. XR6T's are a different camp. They are in a class of their own. I'm still slightly envious, having a ute w. a L6 turbo motor in it. So awesome.

I had a highway run with an XR6T near Dubbo when overtaking another car, me following him through, and lets just say I had no hope of catching him. He had a slight head start, but he was disappearing into the distance fast... it sounded like is had, had at least exhaust work done...

I had a highway run with an XR6T near Dubbo when overtaking another car, me following him through, and lets just say I had no hope of catching him. He had a slight head start, but he was disappearing into the distance fast... it sounded like is had, had at least exhaust work done...

Power chip + exhaust = 300kw at the flywheel...far out.

Possibly my friend, they need a exaust, intake, injectors and good tune to reach the 300kw mark :), everything else is extra bonus. I have a mate whos got xr6t sedan which has 395kwrw. That was done with about 4,5 grand. all those things that i listed up there plus bigger cooler, bigger pipes and better valve springs i belive. he runs hi 10s :).

1st gear in the Sportivo to redline will finish the chances of a VTi Civic ;)

Been there and done that :P

As for the Falcon... if you can drive you can give your mate one hell of an attitude re-adjustment B)

well i had a go with a 2006 XR6 and um after his head start i caught him and passed him at a speed you wouldnt normally and once i passed him he tapped off and stayed behind me even as i dropped to the speed limit which was 80km/h. Yes im being serious i won!

now if u can do this in my levin im sure the sportivo will kill!

LOL sure it wasn't an unmarked police car Pete?!?!?!

And that guy who said the thing about the Honda.........*shakes head*

:unsure: dont make me stress!

As for the Vti beating a stivo, Toyrex u on LSD or something??

You better be able to beat a trumped up taxi or you will give the Stivo a bad name.

A guy has an XR6 here at work and YUCK just a falcon really bad interior trim etc etc . I like my bro in laws SV6 Commodore much better.

You better be able to beat a trumped up taxi or you will give the Stivo a bad name.

A guy has an XR6 here at work and YUCK just a falcon really bad interior trim etc etc . I like my bro in laws SV6 Commodore much better.

Guys,

XR6 Turbo would beat the stivo stock vs stock.

In terms of $$ value of mods $5k of mods on a XR6t vs 5k on a stivo .. the XR6T would BLITZ the stivo.

Some CHEAP mods available to easily obtain 290-300kw at the wheels.

Also the 6 speed AUTO is faster than the manual transmission in the ford.

1st gear in the Sportivo to redline will finish the chances of a VTi Civic ;)

i'd have to agree there, raced my friend's civic VTi one night, he had an SRI and mine's stock, he got the jump initially but once i hit 5k rpm i started pulling ahead and by the time i redlined first he was a few car lengths back already

tru tru lift owns vtec!! lolz and man i said XR6 why does everyone keep going on about XR6 TURBO!?!? man doesnt any one read anything lolz i know that a XR6T will blow a stivo away but im talking about the XR6 SEMI-AUTO 6 SPEED BF 2006 model.... lolz ill just see if i beat him i guess i hope i dont get to much axle tramp...

the stivo will beat the XR6...

but the XR6T.. just kidding

good luck ;) if anything happens give me a call :P

An eg civic with a twin cam can be fast especially in an EG civic, b16A in a under 900kg car.. or maybe it was sporting another engine u didnt know about... JDM B18C?? K20A??? u gotta watch out for civic's these days...