Top Posters In This Topic

My fren wants to drag me in the next week or so his got a

XR6 auto/triptonic (6-speed) 2006 BF model stock as a rock

and i have a

Sportivo corolla 2005 model stock as a rock besides coils soon

so who would win in a 1/4 mile drag???

Cheers all Steve,

Sportivo wins. :)

My money's on the ford, stock for stock. What's the BEST 1/4 time you've seen from a sportivo with stock intake, exhaust and rubber? The ford will do a very low 15 with a crap driver all day long.

Sportivo will pull on it no doubt.

V6... what's that word, "MEH"? :P

Straight 6. 4.0L DOHC 180kw @ the fly.

I tend to agree with Jason. However I've dusted many BA XR6's (with the owners very pi55ed off). If you know how to use the 2zz's power band properly you can actually embarass quite a few cars. I managed to at least 'keep up' (to an extent) with a chick in an XR6 Turbo even. I ended up talking to her when we parked in the shops. "Oh I see, you have an exhaust etc" she said. "That's stock :D" I said haha.

Obviously the XR6T would rip me a new one, she knows that haha. It's just nice to 'impress' people with what you have (i.e: a 1.8L 4). I even managed to impress a guy in a 350z once as well. As soon as a corner came though? He ate me.

Wish I had my coilovers back then lmao

Even though the two are completely different car i believe it would be Even stevens.

A Sportivo on a good day can pull 0-100 in low 7's and im guessing the XR6 would be about the same.

In my opinion, i believe it would be a drivers race. however dont expect to win if theres any ingear drags...the torque from those 6's are relatively high.

well i had a go with a 2006 XR6 and um after his head start i caught him and passed him at a speed you wouldnt normally and once i passed him he tapped off and stayed behind me even as i dropped to the speed limit which was 80km/h. Yes im being serious i won!

now if u can do this in my levin im sure the sportivo will kill!

hrrrmm icic thnx for all the replys but the he said his xr6 sedan is not the old one its the newer one which is 6 speed semi-auto and the old one is 4 speed?? would that make any difference?? cuz his got the newer ford with 2 more gears??

pssst psst he sooo cocky >.<

Cheers Steve

Edited by KaZe-StiVo

Race him and see Steve. You'll be suprised. Not one XR6 has managed to dust me yet. I've always dusted them (sometimes I haven't let up, kept shifting @ 8,000rpm until I hit 4th just to rub it in more lol).

XR6 Turbo? Like I said, I managed to at least keep up with one sort of and gain some browny points from that.

If your mate is really serious, tell him to test drive an F6 Typhoon (sedan) or F6 Tornado (Ute). 270kw w. 550nm of torque (the highest amount of torque to come out of an Australian production car EVER).

GO SPORTIVO! ^_^ lol even tho i don't have a sportivo, from what i hear from all the stivo owners in this forum, the stivo sounds like a pretty powerful car....i want one ><" Lets hope your stivo wins bro. Goodluck

Steve~

Sportivo will pull on it no doubt.

V6... what's that word, "MEH"? :P

Straight 6. 4.0L DOHC 180kw @ the fly.

I tend to agree with Jason. However I've dusted many BA XR6's (with the owners very pi55ed off). If you know how to use the 2zz's power band properly you can actually embarass quite a few cars. I managed to at least 'keep up' (to an extent) with a chick in an XR6 Turbo even. I ended up talking to her when we parked in the shops. "Oh I see, you have an exhaust etc" she said. "That's stock :D" I said haha.

Obviously the XR6T would rip me a new one, she knows that haha. It's just nice to 'impress' people with what you have (i.e: a 1.8L 4). I even managed to impress a guy in a 350z once as well. As soon as a corner came though? He ate me.

Wish I had my coilovers back then lmao

Rob you crack me up........ :D :D

Find it difficult to believe that the Corolla Sportivo will hose the XR6 4.0. Front wheel drive vs rear wheel drive, the traction of the Ford will leave the Corolla spinning in it's tracks from start. After that the torque of the six will pull away.

The sportivo can't even keep up with a 92 EG Civic Vti Twin Cam.

Find it difficult to believe that the Corolla Sportivo will hose the XR6 4.0. Front wheel drive vs rear wheel drive, the traction of the Ford will leave the Corolla spinning in it's tracks from start. After that the torque of the six will pull away.

The sportivo can't even keep up with a 92 EG Civic Vti Twin Cam.

Sorry we've all been and done that. I've taken on many XR6's with differing drivers and done them all. They are quick, but they are also heavy. Power to weight comes into play. The 2zz pulls up top as well don't forget.

And a civic? Come on. What mods are done to the civic. Or more so, who was driving the sportivo?

The only XR6 that gives me a run for my money and decimates me from 80km/h onwards is the XR6 Turbo.

I'm not even going to call the XR6 an XR6, it's just a BA/BAII and BF falcon with a kit and some extras.

PS: I have a big soft spot for Honda's, don't think I don't like them lol

Edited by bADbOYz