CES DYNO DAY/SHOW AND SHINE #3

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a few spots left so you better be quick.!! Looks like it'll be another good day if everybody who says their coming shows up!!!

Need to see if Jimmy is gonna come in his Silly-Car as well....

Also, what about Trevor.... he made a late guest appearance last year, maybe he'll do the same this year.

I noticed Mark & Jason not on the list also, are they anti-CES sentiments keeping them away???? :P

jasons car will make too much power for Trev's dyno and mark may/may not have his car so thats two good reasons..

I'll be starting the move into my new house/workshop that weekend. I might drop around during a break, but there's no way I'd put my wagon on that dyno... My car needs to be strapped down, and doesnt that dyno only read to 200rwkw?

Need to see if Jimmy is gonna come in his Silly-Car as well....

Also, what about Trevor.... he made a late guest appearance last year, maybe he'll do the same this year.

I noticed Mark & Jason not on the list also, are they anti-CES sentiments keeping them away???? :P

jasons car will make too much power for Trev's dyno and mark may/may not have his car so thats two good reasons..

I'll be starting the move into my new house/workshop that weekend. I might drop around during a break, but there's no way I'd put my wagon on that dyno... My car needs to be strapped down, and doesnt that dyno only read to 200rwkw?

It reads to 230rkw and I definately wouldn't be standing in front of your car on it lol. :P :P Unless I wanted to be your new bonnet emblem ;)

Only just noticed this post.... Didn't realise I was Anti-CES... Personally the only issue I ever had was with the whole advertising/promoting that was being done before CES was a forum sponsor.... which was against the forum rules, and the fact that it wasn't Trevor or anyone who worked there doing the promoting/advertising I fail to see how that makes me Anti-CES.... if anything i think it makes me Anti-"Forum rules breakers" But hey Azza if thats what you think good for you :lol:

The reason I hadnt comitted to the dyno day yet (not that I can imagine why my participation would interest you so much) are because 1. as Jason has just pointed out he has just bought a house and will be moving that weekend, so obviously I will be helping him move. 2. We have been rather busy at work over the past few months, with a lot of wekend work setting up/upgrading the one of our clients servers/racks/networks at all their branches throughout brisbane...

so yeah thats why I didnt commit earlier... hope this is a good enough explaination for you... :P

I wasn't having a go at you Mark...so I hope it's all good.

I was just interested to see if you were going to attend cause it's always good to get as many people to these things as we can, when everyone likes to sit on the forums, we may as well get together for these events...

Good luck with the move, my wife and I just bought a new place and have been moving in over the last week. We are all in now, just have to keep unpacking....

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking for some sponsors of some trophies. If you would like to sponsor or work for a company that would sponsor a trophy then please contact me asap. Trophies cost $25 each to sponsor. Sponsors so far are CES, RBT Motorsport and Autobarn Logan City.

Only 1 or 2 spots left on the dyno so be quick or miss out. There will be a whiteboard at CES on the day which will have the order of the cars on the dyno. Unless you specifically ask to be on at a particular time then you will just be added to the order as you arrive and pay your money. Some have requested particular times due to having to go to work etc etc.

The show and shine judges have been organised and both have a lot of previous experience in judging cars at shows/displays.

Guys/girls by all means if you have friends(Kyle relatives don't count :P ) then bring them along to watch but remember to enter the workshop you must have ENCLOSED FOOTWEAR otherwise you will have to stay outside.

Any of our southern members who wish to come up for weekend let me know so that we can help make arrangements for your stay if you wish.

Cheers Silvabullit. :D

Hey Brennden,

Add 1 more to the list - Todd Minicooper S (John Cooper Works edition)

Beat me to it. :D

Can't wait to see that little weapon on the dyno.

JC

Dyno spots are all taken people. If you know some one on the list who is a possible then please get them to confirm otherwise they will be removed for somebody who is definate.

Alternately please confirm that you yourself is still coming.

cheers SB :D

I've PM'd Silva to advise that I won't be able to actively participate in the dyno testing, but I shall be in attendance to watch all the big numbers happen.

This therefore leaves one blank space on the dyno, so if previously you missed out, here's your chance!

Send a PM to Silva and he'll be happy to sort you out! :D

Dyno spots are all taken people. If you know some one on the list who is a possible then please get them to confirm otherwise they will be removed for somebody who is definate.

Alternately please confirm that you yourself is still coming.

cheers SB :D

mm..i'm coming..

OK 1 Spot is now available due to Buddha pulling out due to the ferociousness of the ol' mazda basher Celica.

So if you want it then PM me ASAP and also if you haven't confirmed then PM me as well or you may loose your spot :ph34r: