Rear Ended

Was driving home from the city last night when someone infront decided to stop hard. I wasnt follwoing close, i stopped in time but the car behind me hit me. The rear bumper is cracked and lukiy no damage else where, was a slight tap. How much would i be looking to pay for a new rear bumper painted and fitted.

yeah the guy is paying for it. I was wondering if its a genuine bumper there is no painting required, as factory part it should be painted right colour.

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM LAST YEAR, LET ME FIND THE QUOTE TONIGHT....IT DOES NEED PAINING.

Yes. Best to do it through insurance. These days it's too much hassle trying to chase up the money from the other driver that wants to pay for the damage privately.

My brother in law had a person rear end his honda crv. The guy presented his license and details were exchanged at the accident but insisted to pay for the damage privately. When it came to supplying the quotes, the guy was no longer at the address of where his license stated and could not be found or contacted by phone.

So he had to go through insurance anyway...

Edited by Bit Racer

yeah the guy is paying for it. I was wondering if its a genuine bumper there is no painting required, as factory part it should be painted right colour.

all factory is unpainted. see if the repairer gives you a loan car or if your insurance will.