biggest tyres for 17/7 in 1zzfe sedan without hit the guard

trd

225/45 will be pretty chunky on a 17

:D That's the idea.

Wahaha...go the chunky look lol. I have that atm, there's a bit of sidewall flex though dammit :(

17's here I cometh.

aim new when it comes to tyre selection.. but for my ascent what about.. 205-40-17 80w ?

they are in the package i m looking at..

any thoughts?

Cheers C-rolla

Which year Ascent do you have?

I believe models built:

Before April 2003 have 185/65/14

After April 2003 have 195/60/15

For 185/65/14 size, a 205/40/17 would keep you closest to original speedo.

For 195/60/15 size, a 205/45/17 would keep you closest to original speedo.

Having said that, Ascents have a load rating of 84 don't they? Those tyres you mentioned are of 80 rating meaning your car would technically be unroadworthy if you were to fit them on your car. Sure that's the right load rating of those tyres? Seems very low for a tyre of that size :D

thanks for such a quick response, my rolla is december 03

but im lookin at puttin on 17's and the guy quoted me 205-40-17 80w tyres..

but i dont want unroadworthy tyres.. so what would the best tyre size be for a 17x7 wheel.

cheers C-rolla

thanks for such a quick response, my rolla is december 03

but im lookin at puttin on 17's and the guy quoted me 205-40-17 80w tyres..

but i dont want unroadworthy tyres.. so what would the best tyre size be for a 17x7 wheel.

cheers C-rolla

The tyre plycard should be in your glove box so have a run and do a quick check on what your cars load rating is. I'm pretty sure its 84. If it is, then you'll know for sure he's quoting you tyres that are illegal for your car.

The 80w is the load and speed rating so you'd want something 84 or higher.

215/40 is the overall better choice when it comes to tyre profiles, but also more $$$. Wouldn't kick your speedo off by much, but they are in general a better fit. That's only if you have the luxury of having a specific preference in tyre selection. Check the brand also. Totally agree with what Brandon said too. Illegal. Also if you have a load rating that is lower than that of the factory recommendation you also void your insurance if you're in an accident (cause it's illegal ra ra ra). ;)

215/40 is the overall better choice when it comes to tyre profiles, but also more $$$. Wouldn't kick your speedo off by much, but they are in general a better fit. That's only if you have the luxury of having a specific preference in tyre selection. Check the brand also. Totally agree with what Brandon said too. Illegal. Also if you have a load rating that is lower than that of the factory recommendation you also void your insurance if you're in an accident (cause it's illegal ra ra ra). ;)

I've phoned around a few places n ive been quoted about $280 per tyre for Dunlop 215/45 17''

tyres with the correct load rating.. for the rollas the load rating is 88.. is that expensive or reasonable?

i have no idea about this stuff when it comes to tyres..

Cheers C-rolla??

I've phoned around a few places n ive been quoted about $280 per tyre for Dunlop 215/45 17''

tyres with the correct load rating.. for the rollas the load rating is 88.. is that expensive or reasonable?

Cheers C-rolla??

Did you check your tyres placard in the glovebox? Sure it's 88? :rolleyes:

Cheers C-rolla??

Double check the placard like Brandon said man. Now in regard to your tyre choice, what sort of dunlops are they? For that price I think you could get a set of yokohama's or toyo's which are heaps better (higher performance rated ones too). The load rating on those should be better as well.

I dunno where to find the load rating... all i see is in my glove box, it says 195/60R 15V 88

so i dunno.. ill just take it to be what you guys said like 83/84 so no biggie..

where do you guys go for tyres?? i wanna get these rims but the tyres hes put in the package are dodgy..

something like 205-40-17 80w with Kumho Tyres. so i dunno

so any suggestions about places/ specific tyres would be much appreciated.

bear in mind im not a circuit racer or millionaire. just a 20yr old with a corolla ascent.

any suggestions would be much appreciated..

Cheers C-rolla

I dunno where to find the load rating... all i see is in my glove box, it says 195/60R 15V 88

so i dunno.. ill just take it to be what you guys said like 83/84 so no biggie..

where do you guys go for tyres?? i wanna get these rims but the tyres hes put in the package are dodgy..

something like 205-40-17 80w with Kumho Tyres. so i dunno

so any suggestions about places/ specific tyres would be much appreciated.

bear in mind im not a circuit racer or millionaire. just a 20yr old with a corolla ascent.

any suggestions would be much appreciated..

Cheers C-rolla

Wow so they are 88. Interesting. Better stick to tyres with rating 88 or over then. Any place that tells you to go with tyres below that rating is obviously dodgy or don't know what they are doing.

Just ask them to replace with tyres suitable for your car. I'm not sure which places to go in Perth. Sorry.