spoon muffler

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got one on my car.... its an axel back bolt on.... let me know if your interested. ;)

Or u could get a brand new one.. they cost $700AUD for the axel back then u gotta get custom piping as well.

with this axel back + intake i got 115.5 fwkw, an average stock stivo on the melb rollers is about 108fwkw and ran a 14.46 @ heathcote that day.

Edited by BanGn

Is that a full stainless muffler or stainless wrapped muffler? Cause that's pretty expensive if it isn't. Then again you can get a CES full stainless system from our forum sponsors from roughly $1000. Makes a full system seem cheap when compared to just a muffler. :D

I thought the $1K CES exhaust was just a cat-back system, not a full system? My definition of a full system on a NA car includes everything from the exhaust ports to the rear bumper, eg headers, new cat etc... Then again, for the $1K cat-back advertised you get a resonator and a rear muffler in comparison to the spoon $700 rear muffler.

Bangn's figures dont lie though, his MPH indicates his sportivo is one of the two most powerfull 2ZZ's on this forum so far.

Edited by rollamods

Is that a full stainless muffler or stainless wrapped muffler? Cause that's pretty expensive if it isn't. Then again you can get a CES full stainless system from our forum sponsors from roughly $1000. Makes a full system seem cheap when compared to just a muffler. :D

Quality not quantity :P

u cant compare those pricings / products too each other

too compare it ask CES how much for their muffler / axel back is.

However from the looks of their website and from the amount of time the corolla specified system has been out, they have never emphasised on selling the muffler alone.

my guess is axel back from CES is roughly same price as spoon axel back if u minus the cost of the stainless pipeing. *how is spoon more expensive? :blink: *beats me how u got that answer**

Edited by Mello

Good point.

I'm slighty biased though. I've always been a Buddyclub man. My thoughts are if I paid big $$$ to get an engine back system made up for the 2zz by BC it would be insanley good with awesome results.

They are one of the biggest and best Tuning Houses in the world after all...but that's just me.

I'm interested in the spec III buddyclub axle back, Apexi N1 and Spoon N1.

Noise is a slight concern I guess lol. Bah, 3kw increase and better tone is alright though.

u cant compare those pricings / products too each other

too compare it ask CES how much for their muffler / axel back is.

However from the looks of their website and from the amount of time the corolla specified system has been out, they have never emphasised on selling the muffler alone.

my guess is axel back from CES is roughly same price as spoon axel back if u minus the cost of the stainless pipeing. *how is spoon more expensive? :blink: *beats me how u got that answer**

this is because there have been a hand full at best of people who have said they may look at getting just the muffler, also those prices include fitting of the catback system so you take that into account and it is much better value for money over the spoon muffler.

Sorry girls and those who wear their hearts on their sleeves I made a typo and left out the infamous word "Catback". :P :P

I would guess that if CES did do just the rear muffler then it'd definately be cheaper than $700 and would be bolt on. Not just a muffler that you would then have to pay someone to make the bends and flange to mount it on the car.

Im sorry im not as rich as u to get a CES full stainless system worth 1k but im happy with what i have and i have the fastest sportivo on the forum so im not complaining. Im also sorry northy that my spoon exhaust seems to be better value for money coz my car is faster than yours and all the other CES equipped vehicles.

But then we could simply use a race pipe (getting someone to do the custom bends and flange to mount it to the vehicle) - talk about value for money hey 80 measly bucks coupled with an intake to run 14.58 - thats what i call value for money.

U dont need to bag others just because your ONE THOUSAND DOLLAR SYSTEM with FULLY SICK STAINLESS PIPING cant keep up, just accept it buddy - you lose.

Edited by BanGn

Im sorry im not as rich as u to get a CES full stainless system worth 1k but im happy with what i have and i have the fastest sportivo on the forum so im not complaining. Im also sorry northy that my spoon exhaust seems to be better value for money coz my car is faster than yours and all the other CES equipped vehicles.

But then we could simply use a race pipe (getting someone to do the custom bends and flange to mount it to the vehicle) - talk about value for money hey 80 measly bucks coupled with an intake to run 14.58 - thats what i call value for money.

U dont need to bag others just because your ONE THOUSAND DOLLAR SYSTEM with FULLY SICK STAINLESS PIPING cant keep up, just accept it buddy - you lose.

That'll be another warning for you my friend. TONE it DOWN :(

Now would anybody(and I"m looking at you all knowing Bangn :P ) please answer my original question?? Is it a full stainless muffler???Or is it stainless wrapped???????? :huh:

Oh did you care to forget your 14.58 was done on some very sticky tyres so I"m told??Not all of us are obsessed with being the quickest and quite frankly I really don't care either way but if it makes you feel good then let me be the first to say "well done son...your an inspiration to us all" :D And lets leave it at that.:)

cheers Silvabullit. :D

I agree with you in many respects when value for money is concerned with exhausts here BanGn.

IMO stainless is generally a **** that costs more than it is worth, although I will also say...these are 1.8L N/A cars, no matter how great VVTi or "Lift" is, an exhaust (full, catback, or even just muffler) really isnt going to make THAT much of a difference.

You are obviously very punishing to your gearbox and clutch to get such results BanGn and just because you got a quicker track time, it doesnt mean your mods are superior - it means either your car is a freak (however the claimed dyno numbers say otherwise...), you have Schumacher like driving skillz, you have not mentioned other "conditions"/mods that may explain or a combo of :P

Isn't this arguement over CES getting boring for you guys?

:P

The best exhaust system in the world is on my car OK everyone happy now :lol:

CCOOLL :P I've heard it's furry sic bro :lol:

Still waiting for an answer to my original question though Gazoom and some people start trying to twist things into another arguement over you know what. :ph34r:

Since the topic is soooooo popular and everyone likes to read it over and over maybe a mod should pin the CES debate so we can all read it over and over and over

Forgot to add my exhaust adds 1,000,000KW at the wheel. Of course I dyno the car same place as NASA does their rocket to the moon.

Now everyone can start scrutinising my exhaust now

Edited by GAZOOM

Exactly right Gary

The best exhaust is the one YOU choose. Sure there are more free flowing exhausts out there other then the CES, I'd admit that, but the CES has a comfortable sound to it as well as some gain in performance. It's this balance that some people are going for.

This arguement could go on forever about who's is bigger then who's but at the end of the day, who gives a fat rat's clacker as Sam Newman would say.

You chose the exhaust because YOU like it... that's it, if YOU are happy with what you buy, so be it... One great thing we have in life is choice... we should accept when other's choose different, commend them for trying something different... then GET OVER IT and MOVE ON!!!

Yvets... to answer your question, Yes TRD make an exhaust for the sportivo, but the exhaust outlet is on the other side, and it adds 2, 90 degree bends and about an extra metre of pipe to get it there. I can't see how that would help...

why do people keep typing Yvets its vyets >_<' rofl

anyway the discription u made sounds like how my exhaust is. :o

my exhaust helped, i got at least a 0.4 second off my time... unless my driving just got beter, i cant notice power diffrence but :P i rekon it helps, caus as axel backs on most cars only consist of a cannon + abitta pipe. however the trd axel is a long pipe + barrel + abit more pipe. compared to other axelback systems ours is way longer. or maybe its just my car stupid celicas. die die die!

Exactly right Gary

The best exhaust is the one YOU choose. Sure there are more free flowing exhausts out there other then the CES, I'd admit that, but the CES has a comfortable sound to it as well as some gain in performance. It's this balance that some people are going for.

Mate I think you misunderstood what I'm saying. It sound like in the above quote your justifying your choice of CES.

I agree with you the best exhaust system is the one you chose on your own car.

But we all know its not about what brand exhaust you have its about whos d.i.c.k is the biggest isn't it?

So lets all get the ruler out and instead of posting 1/4 mile times lets post our pen1s sizes.

Sorry girls :ph34r:

I am not pro or against CES I'm just sick of reading about it.

Edited by GAZOOM

im sorry SB but the 14.58 was run by sam's car on STOCK TURANZA ER30 TYRE FYI.

My was run on semi slicks which i found to make not much different for dragging by looking at the 60ft times .

and yes the spoon is fully stainless steel - with the muffler weighing 3kgs.

As for my dyno results ill post up a graph for u guys - and NO I AM NOT HIDING ANY MODS for those of you who think that i am - feel free to come inspect ;)

Edited by BanGn