[NSW] Sydney-->Newcastle MASSIVE Cruise - 10th September -

{NOTE: We have invited a number of other Toyota clubs to attend this meet. Therefore please keep chat related to the cruise. First thread will be updated as often as possible with a list of who is coming from respective clubs.}

Ok ladies and gentlemen, this is going to be a huge cruise! Here's the details:

DATE:

10th September, 2006

TIME:

9.30am MEET to leave at 10.00am SHARP

MEETING PLACE:

Homebush Bay, at the Olympic Park - Carpark P6 (see map)

WHERE ARE WE GOING?

We will be cruising to Newcastle, to Red Head Beach. We will be meeting in the carpark there. Below are some pics of the location and a map highlighting the carpark.

NOTE: IF IT IS RAINING (AND FORECAST SUGGESTS IT MIGHT), WE HAVE DECIDED TO GO TEN-PIN BOWLING AT THE NEW CENTRE IN BLACKTOWN!!! Mish is going to book some lanes and get back to us with pricing.. Everyone is invited of course..

For the newcastle members: please PM me your mobile number and i will call you on the morning and let you know if we are coming up or not.. if you are keen you can make the drive down to hang out with us at bowling and make a great day of it :D

HOW ARE WE GETTING THERE?

- From carpark P6 at homebush, we'll head up to the Freeway and cruise up that way.

- (From Carpark P6) We'll head down Australia Ave.

- Turn Left onto Homebush Bay Drive

- Continue this road all the way up to Pacific Highway. It changes its name a few times, but we don't leave this stretch of road.

- Turn Left onto the Pacific Highway

- Turn Right onto the Sydney-Newcastle Freeway (the F3)

- Continue up the F3 until we reach the Newcastle Link Road exit (Just after George Booth Drive Exit)

- Turn right onto Newcastle Road. We follow this road all the way into Newcastle and onto the foreshore.

- Once we cruise along the foreshore, we will follow Shortland Esplanade all the way round until it meets up with Memorial Drive.

- Turn right onto Memorial Drive.

- Turn left onto Frederick Street.

- Frederick Street changes its name to Scenic Drive.

- Turn left onto the Pacific Highway.

- Follow the Pacific Highway all the way down to Charlestown.

- Turn right into Dudley Road

- Follow the road around into Redhead Road.

- When we get into Redhead, turn left into Steel Street.

So these directions are pretty comprehensive. If you're planning on coming up by yourself late or something on the day, print the directions out and you should be right. If you just want to meet up at redhead and skip the cruise round the foreshore, you can turn off at the Charlestown exit and just head up the Pacific Highway and eventually you'll reach Redhead.

If you get lost, you can call me (Tom) on 0406 099 599.

I haven't been to this carpark before, but a few of us are heading up earlier in the morning and we will put up signs directing the pack to the location of the Redhead Beach carpark.

WHAT WILL BE THERE?

WE WILL NO LONGER BE HOLDING A BBQ!!!

WE WILL BE SELLING PIZZAS FOR $5 EACH, or 3 slices for $2. This is what it is costing us, so we will need your money in order to buy the pizzas.

I (TOM) will be bringing up cans of soft drink and some bottles of water. I just ask for a small donation of $1 or $2, whatever you think is fair.. this is just to cover my costs.

Ground Rules

For the moment there are only two rules I'd like to lay down if you're coming to this cruise:

1. Don't drive like an idiot. This means no burnouts or any of that behavior.

2. Stick to the speed limit. We're going to have some people on their red Ps coming along, so please stick to 90km/h on the freeway for them.

EDIT: I HAVE INFORMED THE CHALESTOWN POLICE WE WILL BE THERE.

For the sake of everyone enjoying this cruise, please stick to these rules.

Maps:

Olympic Park Carpark P6

sgpapi12-ZZ9FOK-1154258268757.jpg

The Route

route.gif

Freeway Turnoff ---> Redhead

freewayredhead.gif

Pics of the Redhead Beach Carpark

23-07-06039.jpg

23-07-06040.jpg

THE ALL IMPORTANT LIST

TOCAU:

-blue_rolla

-OH84BY

-aimee_b

-LiMz RoLLa

-Sportivo05

-Saiya

-KT_haha

-Mintos

-qkslvr

-Blue_Stivo

-flynsx

-Big Pete

-steinny (ryan)

-kym11m

-Jade

- tinkz

- black_tivo

- daz

OZECHO:

-harves

-steph75

-mike (iffster)

-Kenny

SYDNEYROLLACLUB:

-MSROLA

-flynsx

-katerolla

-SUP16V

-astroboy

-sami

-NUG9ET

*for people with cb's we will be on channel 24*

If you want to speak to someone about this cruise, reply in this thread, or PM myself or OH84BY.

If you are able, or know someone who is able, to provide food for the bbq, or cans, or chips or anything else we can sell, please PM me.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

george if you dont like it. how bout you dont come along? or leave an hour later and speed up the freeway to catch up. that would be really cool.

and if you want to make useless comments that noone appreciates, feel free to do it elsewhere.

to answer your only half useful comment - yes the carpark will fit everyone. if we cant get everyone into an actual spot, there is a pretty sizable grass area behind the carpark we can fill up.

Tom...not including the locals mate? I am shattered :P

As i have said in the first thread i will be in this, just a question though:

You guys are not going to go all the way to Newcastle and then go down to Redhead from there as originally planned? Cause that is where the fun roads and nice cruise is. Going through Swansea and the Pacific highway at Doyelson is always crazy thick with coppers/speed cameras as well might i add (please note that i do not condone speeding)...Not that there is really a quicker alternative route back to Sydney from Redhead, just need to take into account possible grounds for defects, etc.

And i will also add, based on #2 ground rule, damn i am happy i am not going along the Freeway with you guys...the only place that gives me road rage - trucks that block both lanes and go 80-90 kmh in the 110 zone :angry: :P :lol:

i just chose the way whereis.com told me... i checked out the way through newcastle but couldnt really work it out...

mintos you have PM. we might change the route a little then...

and yes i understand that going 90 sucks, but some people aren't allowed to do more than that, and as a big group, we're more likely to be targeted if there's a speed trap on the way up there... id hate for a P plater to get done for speeding...

im sure in the end the red P platers will just start cruising at whatever speed they choose and we'll match it... but if someone is uncomfortable speeding (if they've been fined before theyre on 1 point), then we should respect that...

I'll be at Newcastle Autosalon that weekend... Come and visit :) :) :) ...

Aww now its getting interesting, we could all go to the Autosalon (didnt know it was on then...) THEN into town, THEN down to Redhead, that would be a day out huh? :D Although if we couldn't stay at Autosalon long it would kind of be a ripoff to pay $20 to hang there for 30 mins when there is so much cool stuff to see!

Add me too

just to let you know though Tom, P6 is on the corner of Australia Ave and Dawn Fraser Drive ;)

(if you want to edit the map)

SRC will also be at Autosalon, be good to show the rollas some support.

george if you dont like it. how bout you dont come along? or leave an hour later and speed up the freeway to catch up. that would be really cool.

and if you want to make useless comments that noone appreciates, feel free to do it elsewhere.

to answer your only half useful comment - yes the carpark will fit everyone. if we cant get everyone into an actual spot, there is a pretty sizable grass area behind the carpark we can fill up.

My comment was in no way useless....

Do you know how dangerous it could be if every single car travels 20km/h below the speed limit...and when the rest of the traffic on the road will be goin around 30km/h faster than us????

If you spread the red P platers through the pack and we are travelling with, there should not be a problem...put a non P plater at the front and at the back....

OOPSSS did i say we....i meant you..

i forgot im not invited....sorry.. :D

My comment was in no way useless....

Do you know how dangerous it could be if every single car travels 20km/h below the speed limit...and when the rest of the traffic on the road will be goin around 30km/h faster than us????

If you spread the red P platers through the pack and we are travelling with, there should not be a problem...put a non P plater at the front and at the back....

OOPSSS did i say we....i meant you..

i forgot im not invited....sorry.. :D

Woa I'm stayin out of this one. I aint touching this with a pole of infinite length... :blink:

However, I may have to stay out of this one. I'm very very very shagged from the previous weekend. The Panadol's aren't working dammit...may have to go Panadiene Forte...or morphine...lmao

i just chose the way whereis.com told me... i checked out the way through newcastle but couldnt really work it out...

and yes i understand that going 90 sucks, but some people aren't allowed to do more than that, and as a big group, we're more likely to be targeted if there's a speed trap on the way up there... id hate for a P plater to get done for speeding...

im sure in the end the red P platers will just start cruising at whatever speed they choose and we'll match it... but if someone is uncomfortable speeding (if they've been fined before theyre on 1 point), then we should respect that...

could i suggest that we take the windy cruise on the way home.

could we just get to the venue in a as close to lunch as possible.........having 50+ cars crusing windy roads will be very hard..........and not everyone has cb's.

I think taking twistys on the way there is more better than taking it when going home.

People usually get tired at the end of the day and just want to cruise home.

Hey guys- my car will also be up at Auto salon- would be great if u could drop in .......

what time does it close bec?.........maybe we could drop in after the photshoot

could we just get to the venue in a as close to lunch as possible.........having 50+ cars crusing windy roads will be very hard..........and not everyone has cb's.

50+ cars :blink::blink::blink:

Holy crap, you invite every car club in NSW? :P :lol:

Ok it goes like this, here is a map for Newcastle that shows some locations of interest so maybe people can decide better what to do when, etc.

newcastlemapct7.th.jpg

Edited by Mintos

50+ cars :blink::blink::blink:

Holy crap, you invite every car club in NSW? :P :lol:

Ok it goes like this, here is a map for Newcastle that shows some locations of interest so maybe people can decide better what to do when, etc.

newcastlemapct7.th.jpg

We had around 30 there on saturday night at villa!

Hey boys cool it this is not an argument thread!!!!!

Anyway This will be the biggest meet ever by the club! And whats worse is that i wont be there! :( :(

Take millions of pics ok guys! i will be visiting the forums while away so i wanna see!

Not everyone wants to drive the Old Pacific, that's why you can take it if you wish on the way back.

For the main cruise you have to accommodate EVERYONE'S needs, not the needs of most or the the needs of some... EVERYONE...

Can I just say it's a big job to organise a cruise of this size and Tom, Mish, Mintos and Aimee are doing a great job. Just let them organise it and accept what they say...