Temperature Sensor

Just wondering where abouts the temperature sensor is for the 'outside temperature' reading on our cars? It's either in a VERY VERY protected place or mine is malfunctioning! I was out playing Oztag tonight and i got in my car afterwards and checked the reading which read '22'.... and i can tell you it was a HELL of a lot less than that! By the time i got home it was '16' but that still doesn't seem like what it was.... but i was thinking that perhaps why it was so cold outside was the wind and perhaps the sensor is a bit hidden from it?

Anyone else experienced similar problems?

I know its not a major one but still... like to see it semi accurate :P

im just guessing but i think it is in front of the radiator below the horn, i usually get strange readings when i first get in the car but once i start driving its seems fairly accurate

ive never experienced a car ambient temp gauge that is accurate.

On the cars ive mainly driven (ford fairmont 96 model and E36 328i) they have been out of wack when compared to the radio weather reports and the famous Nylex Sign above the silos off punt road.

I guess its only meant to be a rough indicator its not a weather station.

Although on that note the last 3 times of compared temps with thr radio its been spot on!

Off topic: i watched NARC today on DVD top movie.

I don't see how the temp could be off by that much. the nights are averaging around 7-8 degree on the east coast these days so 22 degrees is a fair bit off.

even with Wind-chill taken into consideration, there should only be a couple of degrees difference. not more than 10! i would get it checked out by toyota as the car needs a fairly accurate ambient temp reading to auto adjust the climate control.

I don't see how the temp could be off by that much. the nights are averaging around 7-8 degree on the east coast these days so 22 degrees is a fair bit off.

even with Wind-chill taken into consideration, there should only be a couple of degrees difference. not more than 10! i would get it checked out by toyota as the car needs a fairly accurate ambient temp reading to auto adjust the climate control.

Not this week but last week i had similar problems but i tried the A/C also as i was feeling a little hot and it was just pumping out hot air... so i guess thats the main reason i am a little concerned about it.