just installed an exhaust

hi!! ive just installed the twin loop and a stivo catback!!!

but theres some stuff im not happy with it...

they change the tip from a 3.5" to a 3" round edge (looks sooooo GAY).. and the tip is sticking out! like a little outside the bumper.

and also the tip is not coming out straight.

i'll take a photo with my digi cam later if u guys dun get what i mean...

now heres the question...

can i change the tip so that its beneath the bumper (not sticking out!) and can it be straight?

the guy said if u hide the tip below... those black sh*t will but on my bumper...

do i have to change the tip? can it be done by adjusting it?

does that mean.. it will BURN my bumper? or its just very DIRTY dust?

and also.. after driving it.. theres a smell.. like something is overcooked... is it ok?

thx in advance guys!

Edited by XploShun

If the tip doesn't at least come to the edge of the bumper you will get the black soot all over the bumper and after a while it will stain your paint. As for the burning smell it's just prolly paint etc burning off and nothing to worry about. It'll disappear in a day or 2. As for the the tip being crooked take back and tell them to fix it!!

FUK!!! it really look weird with the tip sticking out!!!

well the tip isnt BENT.. it just the way they installed the muffler..

they said it wouldnt fit.. if they put it straight.. it will hit the.. bar.. (i think they mentioned something about the the suspension bar or something like that)

but im thinking... cant they just cut a little bit of the tip..... so that it will come out straight?? like adjust the angle and stuff...

Yeap that smell will go away in about a week or so, depends on how much driving you do. That's normal.

The twin loop doesn't fit striaght on our rollas so it has to be on a bit of an angle. Well that's what the muffler guy said when they fitted mine. But if you look directry down from the top of the bumper, it's not sticking out at all.

I must admit that it's not the best looking muffler out there, but it's one of the quietest ones. :)

You can compare yours with the pics in my garage.

damn! rainman ur car looks pretty similar to mine.. :P

mines a oval shape twinloop tho..

anyway!! is it possible to change the tip? i wanna change to a 3.5" tip!!

as for the sound..

hmmm i had a REALLY noisy stock muffler...

lets say this is a little quieter than my stock one..

so it DOESN'T sound that exciting...

the guy told me that they put a cannon onto an auto echo and it sounded sooo ****.....

Edited by XploShun

damn! rainman ur car looks pretty similar to mine.. :P

mines a oval shape twinloop tho..

anyway!! is it possible to change the tip? i wanna change to a 3.5" tip!!

as for the sound..

hmmm i had a REALLY noisy stock muffler...

lets say this is a little quieter than my stock one..

so it DOESN'T sound that exciting...

the guy told me that they put a cannon onto an auto echo and it sounded sooo ****.....

I wanted the oval shape and the guy told me it doesn't fit so I ended up getting the round one... :angry:

Don't know about changing the tip, may need to ask the muffler guy.

Maybe change it to a shorter tip :D

That Echo would have lost 5kws instead :lol::lol::lol:

My twin loop was the pretty straight when my exhaust guy installed it.

Then I put the rear skirt on and it the exhaust tip ended up behind the skirt.

I went back to the exhaust place and he cut the whole tip off and readjusted the length.

I probably should have got him to put a twin tip on it but the skirt was already cut for the 3.5" tip.

GAZZOOM...

ur exhaust guy is the same as mine...

it was all good b4.. until he tried to charge 100 extra <_<

i had the oval shape.. I HOPE thats the reason why my muffler came out at an angle....

i saw the pic in your garage before.. and id thought it was very straight..

thats y im worried whether they did a good job or not...

i was a little disappointed when i got there and see it sticking out at an angle.... COMPARED to urs... urs were PERFECT.... maybe coz u have a round one...

btw... i paid 300 for the muffler... and the catback installed...

its was $260 before.. then they charged more coz the catback (from silvabullit :) ) needed some welding or some flange ... i dunno <_< ...

i called one of the local exhaust place at five dock (cant be bothered driving 30mins AGAIN)... they said it would cost around $70...

do u guys know any good brand for tips?? or are they all the same from supercheap, repco...?

i wanted a shorter tip.. but the guy said the back will be covered with black SH*T

Edited by XploShun

ive been driving with this new muffler for 3 days...

i realised theres been a little problem...

whenever i start the car (only the 1st start of the day) there is LOUD sound from the left or back seats...

it happens when i release the clutch.... after like 5-10mins of driving the sound will disappear..

this ONLY happens when i park the car overnight....

ive tried to start it after it cools down (like left it on the street at night for a few hours)... but theres no sound...

now heres the problem!! IF i need to take it back to the guys... they will NEVER be able to hear this sound since its a few minutes problem.....

and also... did u guys have any problem starting up..... the car seems to need more effort to start...

is this sound and this starting up normal? ... will it get better later?

anyway.. ive realised the car have revved a lot better today... it is WAY better than the 1st day :)

ive been driving with this new muffler for 3 days...

i realised theres been a little problem...

whenever i start the car (only the 1st start of the day) there is LOUD sound from the left or back seats...

it happens when i release the clutch.... after like 5-10mins of driving the sound will disappear..

this ONLY happens when i park the car overnight....

ive tried to start it after it cools down (like left it on the street at night for a few hours)... but theres no sound...

now heres the problem!! IF i need to take it back to the guys... they will NEVER be able to hear this sound since its a few minutes problem.....

and also... did u guys have any problem starting up..... the car seems to need more effort to start...

is this sound and this starting up normal? ... will it get better later?

anyway.. ive realised the car have revved a lot better today... it is WAY better than the 1st day :)

What's the ECU got to do with the exhaust? :blink:

What does it sound like?, perhaps you have a leak at the axle flange if it hasn't been installed properly, because steel expands when hot and contracts when cold, it's not as apparent after the car has warmed up.

DAMN!!!

so i need to take it back............... NOooooooooooooo~~~~~~~

its not one of those things that will go away

Wait a week or so before you go back....

I had an s10 twin loop fitted a couple of weeks ago and it took about a week before it settled.

Initial problems... I had pretty annoying vibrations at 2000 rpm that I could feel in my seat as i accelerated.

At 3000 rpm it became an annoying drone... which happens to be my cruising speed 100 on the freeway...

My gf hated it and since she drives the car sometimes I took it off and went back to stock.

The vibration was probably due to the custom support that was a metal welded onto the muffler connected to another piece of metal welded to the undercarriage with a rubber piece in between.

I think there was not enough rubber.

I had custom 2.25 piping done from resonator back which could be the reason for the drone at 3000 rpm.

Like others have said, the smell will go away after a week or so.

BTW... anyone wanting a second hand s10 twin loop.... pm me.

What sound does it make?

the sound is like..hmmm

i cant describe it... (2 metal spoons hitting each other x5, hahahhaha :D )

like some stuff is loose and its hitting something while i release the clutch....

its vibration is pretty fast and strong.... u can feel the car is shaking a bit...

damn i just called them today.. and will go there tomorrow..

i might just leave it 1 week as well...

what!? levin, you took it off!!! sigh~ all the way from Sydney and lasted only a couple of weeks?!

it didnt actually vibrate my seat... its definitly behind me......

id better get this fixed before i go to some other place to change the tip

top view... its not straight

dsc00793vm2.jpg

back view... looks a little weird.. dont u guys think so?

dsc00794pk2.jpg

could it possibly be this making the noise??

dsc00797bp2.jpg

i like this tip size.. is it 3.5"? or bigger?

dsc011002qh1.jpg

my 1st attempt to post pictures... hope it works!

Edited by XploShun

What sound does it make?

the sound is like..hmmm

i cant describe it... (2 metal spoons hitting each other x5, hahahhaha :D )

like some stuff is loose and its hitting something while i release the clutch....

its vibration is pretty fast and strong.... u can feel the car is shaking a bit...

damn i just called them today.. and will go there tomorrow..

i might just leave it 1 week as well...

what!? levin, you took it off!!! sigh~ all the way from Sydney and lasted only a couple of weeks?!

it didnt actually vibrate my seat... its definitly behind me......

id better get this fixed before i go to some other place to change the tip

Yeah... gf hated the drone... and it did get to me after a while on the freeway...

but yeah... miss the sound from 4000 to 6000... sounds awesome...

but peak hour traffic usually keeps the driving between 2000 and 3000 :P

vibration was not only my seat but the whole car.. it kinda moved from the back of the car to the front when I accelerated pass the 2000 mark. Sorta like constructive interference I reckon seeing as I enlarged the piping to 2.25.

So how's performance with the stivo catback?

I noticed a slight decrease in response at the low end but noticed gains from 3000 onwards...

Cruising on the freeway was great performance wise...

It sounds like your exhaust is hitting the bit shown in the picture.

I also notice that during the first few days... starting the car in the morning tended to vibrate a lot more...

After a week it got better....

Maybe you should start the car in the morning and then have a look at the back to see how much it is vibrating. Get someone to step on the gas while you take a look. That should show you what's happening.

yep!! im gonna try that... but its gonna be tomorrow.....

1 chance per day... :huh:

but my gf... doesnt know how to like step on the clutch and all.....

sigh~... find my ways

car in neutral, handbrake on, step on accelerator....

wat's it got to do wit the clutch? :huh:

it vibrates when i step on the clutch... not accelerator

If that's the case then u'll need someone to drive really slowly in first gear... slipping the clutch... and you can follow the car and have a look....

GAZZOOM...

ur exhaust guy is the same as mine...

Mate who installed it for you was it Brad?? Or his apprentice???

Seriously if you take it back and tell him your not happy because it is not straight I'm sure he'll fix it free of charge.