Greeting from the UK

Danthuyer

Hey guys,

Just a quick howdy from my overseas trip.

Had a 4 day stop over in Singapore. ALOT of corollas there. saw a few with a nice reaer skirt. Didnt have time to chase any down though :( Food was nice and cheap there also. Only 3$ for a plate of whatever and rice...and beer was nice too (tiger)

Just got into England yesterday. Nice and sunny weather at around 24Deg C. Alot of Ford Focus running around here. not too many rollas at all :(

Going on a pub crawl for my mates bucks night ....well its actually 3 nights going along the canals in a boat and stopping at ever pub for a drink or 10.....hopefully you wont see me on the news headlines :P

Will be going car shopping when i get back. Heading over to germany to look for some kits/headlight/taillights etc (havent forgot peekay ;) )

Will be posting some pics soon.

Ciao for now

Enjoy yourself dude and thanks for thinking of us :lol:

There are lots of Corollas in Singapore but they are all sedan right? Did you manage to go to the shops that I told you about?

Finished the Stag nights a few days ago, had a lot of fun. He hired 2 narrow boats and headed on down the canals down towards middlewitch and northwitch. Our top speed was only 4 mile an hour so it took a fair while to get anywhere but we weren’t really concerned. The drinking usually started shortly after waking up and recovered from the night before. All of the boys loved my berocca tablets. They called them the life savers. We stopped at the “Big Lock” on the first night and had dinner. Then we stopped at “The Broken Cross” for lunch on the second day where Vanessa’s brother Joff and one of Tom’s best men James caught up. The bar maid had great assets. We kept on going to the “Leigh Arms” hotel for dinner again. After drinks finished we went onto another pub for a quick chat when all of a sudden one of the guys came in saying that Vanessa’s car was in the car park. We all came outside and it was. There was also 2 bodies in the back with a blanket over them ‘sleeping’ on closer inspection I noticed that it was Pam in the back and not Vanessa. Then Ness came around the corner. Apparently they were looking for our boats and they were going to do something to them but they couldn’t find them. So we foiled their plans. I had a real bad headache that night so I called it early and took a couple of panadol and went to bed. The next morning we had to turn the boats around and head back. The only place that was wide enough for us to turn was only a few 100 meters up the canal. Although it was a very tight area and there were other barges on the side making it harder to turn around. We managed okay though with no one falling in the canals. We headed on back stopping at the same pubs on the way back. Got some really nice photos also.

When it was my time to drive the boat we came to a very thing section with a few tunnels. At one stage we came out of a very tight corner and then had to go over to one side of the canal so we could line up properly for the tunnel. When I came over to do this I managed to hit the boat on the side of the canal. Not too hard at all but there was a lady standing on the bank shouting at me saying “You’re a fool why did you do that?” she was very ****** off. Then one of the guys pointed out that I had killed a signet (baby swan) and the carcass was floating in the canal. Needless to say I was the butt of all jokes or the rest of the weekend especially when there were birds dogs or cattle in the water. I also gained the nickname of “signet slayer” and over here swans are her majesty’s royal bird. So we were all expecting the lady to go to the cops and say something about it.

But it has been great weather here also. The last 2 days of the canals were sunny and a lot of the guys got sun burnt.

Heading out this week to a few of the theme parks etc.

Have also seen a few VERY VERY nice cars going around. a few aston martin vanquish's and various old type jags, yes even a few D Types :D

One thing I have noticed about modified cars over here is they love phantom paint (diferent colours on diff angles) and they use HUGE! front bars with very small lights. giveing the car a very deep looking front. quite ugly if you ask me.

Well the wedding tat we came over for happened on Saturday.

I had been training my liver all week for this event with at least 5 pints of larger each night

The day was fantastic. Beatiful church in Cheadle followed by a fantastic reception outside Leek on a private homestead. They also have 2 receptions here. A formal one with only close family and friends, then the doors are open to anyone who wants to come in and enjoy a drink (not free bar )

Anyway I had ALOT to eat and drink over the weekend and here are the pics

dsc01197.jpg

dsc01210.jpg

dsc01212.jpg

dsc01222.jpg

dsc01272.jpg

dsc01308.jpg

dsc01133.jpg

dsc01135.jpg

dsc01117.jpg

dsc01113.jpg

Edited by Danthuyer