TRD Headers

Me and my friend just installed my TRD Headers..

Car goes well..extremely well..

but its making a hissing sound...

is it from the actual extractors or because there may be an air leak somewhere???

so have the new gasket in? the right one?

did you put sealer on each side of the gasket before you put it on? and did you make sure the nuts were tightend right?

im pretty sure its all normanl then. More than likely the sound of the extractors passing more air through.

its either that of your CAI! :huh:

Im thinking its normal...

1. It doesnt do it when idling

2. You cannot hear it from the outside

3. Its not loud as in omg something is not right

4. It hisses from 4000 rpm onwards.

5. There was no bolts left over after putting everything on.. :lol:

6. No warning lights have come on and i have severly thrashed the thing after doing the ECU reset and the thing is running fine...

Im thinking its just more air passing through form the CAI and Extractors

the hole could be so tiny that when you pass 4000rpm the pressure & heat forces the air through the hole.

did you apply Heat sealer (silicone) to each side of the gasket before fitting it?

there is no way that you can "hear" the diff between stock headders and the TRD ones, my money is on a leak could be block side also could be cat side, id be doubble checking all the work you did as hot gas like that leaking could cause all sorts of issues and it would not be a warranty covered item..

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!! when the car isnt moving i can hit the gas and its silent, but when im actually accelerating and moving, i get a hissing noise... like "pst pst pst pst pst" as fast as the engine is revving...

ive been trying to work it out with the exhaust guy...

the 2 options are:

1. its just the natural sound of the extractors... apparently they do make more noise than normal...

2. the ball joint between the extractors and the exhaust pipe is leaking... so when you accelerate, it pulls them apart (just from sheer vvti power) and produced a slight leak... yours are TRD, so they should have just bolted straight on, and i cant imagine they would leak...

but thats my problem... im going to try and get a new ball joint and get them to fit it and we'll see what happens...

i will be angry if its not a leak and just normal extractor sounds...

TRD headers are specifically designed for our cars, but they are better utilized if you're going to do 'some' internal work (which Giorgi could be looking @ doing at a later date) as they are larger in size.

Porting and having the stock headers ceramic coated etc is just as good, if not better for our cars in stock form (all the XRS/Celica boys in the states do this). The TRD headers are very good, and Giorgi has already reaped the benefits from them. Much more responsive, and when he goes to anything later to the motor he'll be set when it comes to breathing.

Leaving stock = porting stock headers

Mild/or heaps of internal work = TRD Headers

That's just what I've found after doing some research myself and chatting to the US boys.

PS: That was some info for you ar44 lol

Edited by bADbOYz

Unless your planning on doing some major internal work(cams,bigger valves stroker etc) TRD headers wil noly reap you a noticeable gain with all of that done. On a stock car they do basically sweet bugger all until maybe 6000+rpm. they are identical to standard headers with just larger primary pipes which will knock the bottom end of your power around a lot. As for your hissing noise it's certainly aleak from somewhere and I for the life of me cannot see how an ECU can solve it :blink:

For the price of TRD headers being expensive as they are and after being in a car with both TRD then CES headers I know which one certainly makes the car perform better as well as making your wallet perform better as well ;)

Mate i dont care about comparisons....

all i know..

i dont have a leak..it was an ecu issue...which is gone now..

and the car is way more responsive way before your stated 6000 rpm...

im absolutley loving it ...the car hammers..

and for the price you pay for CES plus you have to give them your headers....might as well pay 400 extra and get TRD...

i know i know...forum sponsors have right of way....better shut up now ayy

Would you like to enlighten everyone on here where you can buy TRD headers for $899 brand new???? Even with my contacts in the industry I can only get them for about $1150 at trade price!!!!

So please spill the beans and tell us as there will be a lot of unhappy people who have paid $1200+ for them who would love to know..... :o

As for CES headers.... a hell of a lot cheaper for those on a budget :D