Hello + Questions

Hey Guys and Girls,

Another fellow Sportivo owner, just found this forum and so far it's great.

My car is an 04 Blue, lowered and will be getting a Shift Performance CAI installed hopefully on the weekend, I am also getting a Muffler installed tomorrow, I want headers but am not convinced that they will improve anything on an already stock motor (Internals)...your thoughts and opinions would be appreciated on this topic.

As for lift, I have heard of Camcon (I think that's what it's called), what kind of improvements will this unit make, I am happy to have it tuned on a dyno provided I know I'll get some results, how soon can we get the cams coming in etc?

Further than that the only other mod is the stereo, I have two MTX Subs and I have Boston Acoustic splits all round.

Looking forward to becoming a familiar frequenter of this forum.

Cheers

George

Welcome to the Forums George,

in regard to headders you have two options TRD (~$1200) and the CES Racing ones (~$500 http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=6692 ) in my opinion and so far im pretty sure im the only to have had both brands on my car the CES ones will make you car alot easier to drive and will give you more low end power then the TRD ones as well as not loosing any power top end.

:)

Also if you are thinking about changing cams then it's not the same scenario as other cars. You will need to also look at replacing valves, retainers,colletts etc etc as the 2zz doesn't like it if you don't. Have seen a few who have changed cams and have had some problems with stretching valve stems and the like due to a change of cam with regards to the profile and also the rev range. It's not worth the risk in the long run as it could end up being an expensive repair bill :(

Welcome to the forum anyway and hope you enjoy your stay!!

All being said though george (BTW - Welcome to the forums....), just by fitting a CAI and decent exhaust, you will have noticable gains immeadiatly, mind you though, Lift is still fin stock....

Welcome to the Forums George,

in regard to headders you have two options TRD (~$1200) and the CES Racing ones (~$500 http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=6692 ) in my opinion and so far im pretty sure im the only to have had both brands on my car the CES ones will make you car alot easier to drive and will give you more low end power then the TRD ones as well as not loosing any power top end.

:)

Thanks for the warm welcomes, I will try the CES headers, tell me more about the Power FC, I can get one at a reasonable price if it's worthwhille, what would I expect to gain if I was to go for alternate cams, valves etc? Would this also bring lift in sooner again?

Again thanks for the welcomes and info guys.

Welcome :D

Probably your first stop would be looking at a Cold Air Intake. There's quite a number available for the car, Injen, AEM, TRD and CES.

There's also cheaper brands available but I would stick to the main stream ones above. All have shown gains of around 5 or more kw ATW.

hey man, welcome to the forums :D

just thought id throw my 2 cents in as you mentioned you were thinking of picking up a shift performance CAI... go for it man - me and a couple of others have them here, and they are just as good as any other brand, but cheaper... they are a 2 piece, and people will tell you that you lose power in the join. that's not the case. if it was it would be at most .01kw or something ridiculous...

the guys at shift helped me out and they're well priced...

one guy here bought a cheapo US special from ebay and got it here for just over $100 i think and he's holding the 2nd fastest 1zz with just that and a sportivo catback...

as far as im concerned, a CAI is a CAI.. its the filter that you buy that makes the difference... go and get a K&N, or something decent, and you'll get the most out of it...

ok enjoy your stay :P

cheers,

Tom

[

Thanks for the warm welcomes, I will try the CES headers, tell me more about the Power FC, I can get one at a reasonable price

quote"

welcome mate

power fc is probably the best bang for your buck,but would need support mods,and will need tp be modified to fit the corolla,also is the power fc off a celica 2zz? if not it wont work

what's the asking price?

cheers