just a thought on value of the sportivo

when you think about it, for $28k or what ever similar figure you people payed for your stivo, the unparalleled benefits you got from it (considering the new Levin, which is Toyota’s 'replacement' to the Sportivo, is $28k+on roads and unlike the stivo does NOT have leather seats, climate control and outdoor temperature gages, the 2zz-ge engine and 6 speed gear box etc, etc) is remarkable.

a nice thought :)

The Levin is a replacement? The Levin has been there since the first corollas were around. There is no replacement for the Corolla sportivo. In the near future, possibly... but then I wouldn't know if it would still be called a replacement.

There's no doubt for the price you pay, you sure get a lot but, as always, it comes down to what you're after. Safety, reliability as well as comfort were my priorities, hence the choice in a Levin :) Did I pay too much for it? I wouldn't say I did compared to other cars on the market at the time.

The Levin is a replacement? The Levin has been there since the first corollas were around. There is no replacement for the Corolla sportivo. In the near future, possibly... but then I wouldn't know if it would still be called a replacement.

There's no doubt for the price you pay, you sure get a lot but, as always, it comes down to what you're after. Safety, reliability as well as comfort were my priorities, hence the choice in a Levin :) Did I pay too much for it? I wouldn't say I did compared to other cars on the market at the time.

'replacement' In adverted commas, Toyota on their website whilst not outright saying its their replacement, implied will be taking over as their sporty hatch...

"The Toyota Corolla Sportivo ceased production in October 2005 and is now no longer available for purchase. The Corolla Levin hatchback model now has the Sportivo front skirt (from February 2006 production"

im sure in the near future we will see the range of TRD's taking over as toyota's performance vehicles

Edited by BigBum

when you think about it, for $28k or what ever similar figure you people payed for your stivo, the unparalleled benefits you got from it (considering the new Levin, which is Toyota’s 'replacement' to the Sportivo, is $28k+on roads and unlike the stivo does NOT have leather seats, climate control and outdoor temperature gages, the 2zz-ge engine and 6 speed gear box etc, etc) is remarkable.

There is simply no comparison between the Levin Japanese build and the Sportivo - South African build. Even the warranty on the L:evin is far greater than the South African built car. That is why the Levin costs more. It is simply better built and higher quality. :angry:

There is simply no comparison between the Levin Japanese build and the Sportivo - South African build. Even the warranty on the L:evin is far greater than the South African built car. That is why the Levin costs more. It is simply better built and higher quality. :angry:

I believe my sportivo is built as well any levin. Nice panel gaps, good quality stiching, perfect fit inteior, very good paint and overall nice finish. I think its a stereotype that SA cars are poorly built. I mean if they bulid VW and BMW in south africa, I dont see whats wrong with an SA Corolla.

i reckon 28 is alot for a sportivo, even though im planning to purchase one at the end of the year at the price they are now for used, i dont know if i should put a couple more grand and buy an evo6

for 8k more than the entry level corolla, i think its definitely worth it (if you have the bucks lying around). when comparing it with any other NEW car on the market (at the time) it was well worth its price - between 03 and 05 there were nt many competitors close by in price (i think the astra turbo was about 8k more than the stivo?? and has the added cost of expensive insurance (for a turbo) as well as lacking some of the features (correct me if im wrong) like leather seats, climate control etc - yes the engine is more powerful than a stivo ... but its turboed!!

Edited by steinny72

28k you can also get skyline, supra, mr2 and etc, but you cant compare like this, for example, the mrs when new they r like 40k plus now some sells for 23000 bucks(some stivo cost more than that) its the year of make, km, condition of the car, and how well the car keeps its value

28k you can also get skyline, supra, mr2 and etc, but you cant compare like this, for example, the mrs when new they r like 40k plus now some sells for 23000 bucks(some stivo cost more than that) its the year of make, km, condition of the car, and how well the car keeps its value

but we are speaking about purchasing the car NEW, so that rules out all of the above mentioned cars, the comment i was trying to make was that for 28k brand new (alot of people wont buy 2nd hand cars.. comes down to personal choice) the car is more than worth it

but we are speaking about purchasing the car NEW, so that rules out all of the above mentioned cars, the comment i was trying to make was that for 28k brand new (alot of people wont buy 2nd hand cars.. comes down to personal choice) the car is more than worth it

Levins are being offered for $27.6k drive away at Mosman Toyota. That is a pretty good price for what is a good product. OK there is no lift but you do get a couple of extra air bags. :D

Levins are being offered for $27.6k drive away at Mosman Toyota. That is a pretty good price for what is a good product. OK there is no lift but you do get a couple of extra air bags. :D

true, is a good price (go the airbags lol :) - but i dont understand why toyota have taken things like the leather seats and climate control out of the levin, you would expect they would come things like that

true, is a good price (go the airbags lol :) - but i dont understand why toyota have taken things like the leather seats and climate control out of the levin, you would expect they would come things like that

I agree about the climate control... but I would straight up prefer the Levin seats over the Corolla Sportivo ones anyday and most will agree to that too...but if you're saying why they're not wrapped in leather, then I'd agree too :) ... but hey, the steering wheel makes up for that I rkn :lol: :D :P

sorry dude i was referring to rolla boy's comment, i think the sportivo is well worth the money too, thats why i bought one

Edited by sportiyo

I agree about the climate control... but I would straight up prefer the Levin seats over the Corolla Sportivo ones anyday and most will agree to that too...but if you're saying why they're not wrapped in leather, then I'd agree too :) ... but hey, the steering wheel makes up for that I rkn :lol: :D :P

are the levin seats different to those of the conquest / ascent? also isnt the levin steering wheel the sportivo one?

Edited by steinny72

Yeah the Levin seats are semi-sports (Toyota actually call them Bucket seats) which are damn comfy even until this day. They just hug you a lot more and you don't slide around. Steering wheel is also different. Let's just say I get excited everytime I touch it ;) ;) ;)

I believe my sportivo is built as well any levin. Nice panel gaps, good quality stiching, perfect fit inteior, very good paint and overall nice finish. I think its a stereotype that SA cars are poorly built. I mean if they bulid VW and BMW in south africa, I dont see whats wrong with an SA Corolla.

When you've seen how they're put together you can notice the difference. Little details like the engine bay painting and the sound deadener stuff... Then again this doesn't really affect your driving experience.

Yeah the Levin seats are semi-sports (Toyota actually call them Bucket seats) which are damn comfy even until this day. They just hug you a lot more and you don't slide around. Steering wheel is also different. Let's just say I get excited everytime I touch it ;) ;) ;)

WtH?!! :blink::huh:

R u serious? dude...u gotta show me next time....DAMN!!!! NOT FAIR!!

Better Tacho display.....better steering wheel? better seats?! ARghhhhh

......lolz but....i'd grrrrr-chewww "LiFt" ur A^^! hehe

Still love ur ride man...so envious!! :D

I really like the the sportivo steering wheel. Last time I sat in a levin I thought the wheel looked weird, but I guess its just what you get use to. The stivo wheel from what I can see is teh same as the Lexus SC430 wheel just without the woodgrain. sc430c.jpg

Arn't the seats in the conquest similiar to the levin anyway? When I went to get my rolla, they started to put alloy wheels, dual air bags, power windows all over and what the dealer called 'sports' seats. When I sat in the seat, I thought they were a bit small. But now I realise prefer them over my CRV sports leather seats. LOL

Also when I checked the Toyota website, those seats are exactly the same. Please tell me the sportivo seats are similiar!!