Fuel Economy from ya car

Blade Hunter

instead of breaking the guys balls why not make it simple and submit when your reserve kiks in ,its the nerd in you all that wants to start calculating angles ,fuel type etc.mine comes on at 520 to 540

exactly nerd

Reserve tank? they dont have a reserve tank its not a motorbike

i own a 06 manual conquest and i have done 520kms on a full tank before on mine but i dont think i will do it again too scary when you do city driving and there is no servo's around for a while hehehehe but this is when the fuel light has come on.

but i was wondering ... below the E how much petrol is left because the bloke at toyota told me once that there is abouts 10L left under the E or once you hit E

Do you find that using a 98RON fule does increase the fuel economy over a 95 RON fuel? While the 98 gives the car a bit more poke, if you are using a "just touch the accelerator" driving style would it make a difference? I have often wondered this.

I've noticed a pretty big economy difference going from regular unleaded to 95 but there wasn't too much difference between 95 & 98. Personally i've found that for day to day driving 98 is not really worth the extra couple of cents.

Edited by Conquest

I do 550-600km before the light comes on in my 02 Conquest Manual, running on Vortex 98. Haven't notcied a performance difference between Vortex Gold and Vortex 98, but 98 gives more k's. For me, paying the extra 2-3c is worth it.

There is exatcly 10L left once the light comes on in a 2zz. Curiousity got the better of me one day when the light came on a few hundred meters from a servo. But don't try and run the tank dry, cause I'm not fetching anyone petrol :P

Hmmmm, I was told that the light means you have 50 K's left in your tank with the way you are currently driving. When I first got it the light came on at just under 1/4 tank because I was thrashing the bejesus out of it, With my current "experiment" I put some fuel in the tank yesterday, it was just above the empty line and the light was still not on.

:rolleyes: i end up with arounds 500 odd when the fuel light goes on - i'm prety sure it indicates that u've got 10L left in ur fuel tank, cause every time the light goes on, i fuel pretty much straight away and i can only cram in max 40 L :P but give it a gamble after the light and i managed 580 :lol: , pretty impressed with that for an 03 conquest and my style of driving :rolleyes:

hey all,

i thought i'd say some interesteing details with ya.

on the last drive up to newy that TOCAU had I was suprised by the fuel economy that I got outta my car (toyota camry '96 V6 manual 166,000km)

I left homebush with a full tank (72ltrs) and drove with the aircon on 95% of the day.

Those who wern't there, it was a good combination of freeway and start / stop (more stop / start if you ask me)

Weather: hopeless to say the least, raining, if not pourinf at sometimes with a hint of sunshine

550km on just 3/4 of a tank. Tell me that sound ok for a car my size / age.

I know I can better. I once did 780km on one tank from my place (lower blue mountains) to parkes (where "the dish" is) on one tank with the aircon on all day

I would be interested to see wot other TOCAU's get outta there cars.

NOTE: Toyota Aircon is the best! so cold, so fast, sooo mmm mm good ;)

• 3 weeks later...

who said fuel was fuel!

full tank (72ltrs) of BP ultimate gets me 720kms

55ltrs of Caltex vortex 98 gets me 580km

running a typical hi-way / city cycle in a 96 model car

aircon on 85% of the time

who said fuel was fuel!

full tank (72ltrs) of BP ultimate gets me 720kms

55ltrs of Caltex vortex 98 gets me 580km

running a typical hi-way / city cycle in a 96 model car

aircon on 85% of the time

Pete... thats pretty dam close by my calculations

hmm mines weird, at long distances ill get 600kms to a 30ltr tanks yet round the town ill be lucky to get 500kms. but in my old V8 VL commodore - u put ur foot down and the fuel gauges moves.....im looking into getting GAS fitted to mine, with this tax benifit thing i can get a "spare tyre" gas cylinder fitted for only $2,000 then i get a rebate...

Hi

My corolla e11 4efe has 50 liter tank. When I drive not fast on motorway, or outside cities, uses aprox. 5-5,5 l/100km. When is very hot, uses 7 l/100km in the city, but in cold winter, can use 9,5 l/100 km.

Edited by marekw

In the AE102, I can generally average 8L/100km around town, or 625km/tank (50L). However, I usually refill at around 45L, which is well after the red light has come on. There have been several circumstances where I have pushed it so far that the fuel pump actually starves for fuel going up a hill or around a sharp corner/roundabout, thats when I know I really have to fill up. On the freeway, I've actually managed to get BELOW the stated fuel consumption, at one stage touching 6L/100km (this included a 150km/h thrash between Lithgow and Bathurst trying to keep up to the guys on the cruise ahead of me) and several laps around Mt Panorama (some quite hard). Was quite surprised when I put only 37L in after doing close to 600km.....could have got 800km out of that tank

The KE55 has the same size tank, but the fuel gauge is absolutely hopeless so I play it by ear....in this case, quite literally, as the fuel tank is located behind the backseat between the seat and the boot, so you can hear it sloshing around going over speed bumps and driveways. Despite only being 1.3L, it tends to get about the same city consumption as the 102, but doesn't change for highway driving (the fact you have to keep the foot almost flat to the floor to hold 90km/h is part of this, especially up hills).....damn carbie and pushrod/two-valve/non-crossflow engines.....