Rubber on Clutch Pedal Mayhem!

Hey guys my 3rd thats right, THIRD rubber thing just fell off my clutch pedal.

The W*&^&ers at Gary McMillan Toyota in Preston (Melbourne) cant seem to put these on right.

Do you boys know if its meant to have glue applied to the back of it before fitment?

Thank you in advance for the flood of sympathy and technical advice!

Cheers

Pecker

take it elsewhere for warranty. i hear sport1vo knows a good mechanic at melbourne city toyota.

maybe you need sports pedals? i do have a genuine set for manual but i think you can buy it for less at toyota dealers.

last month i found sparco pedals for a lot less than genuine sports pedals. the only thing sparco did not have was the foot rest.

i think e-gene got his for $120. the set i have is $135 or $150 i cannot remember :(

you need to screw them in. get sparco or something different. i remember the sparco being bigger so this could help you in driving.

how much do sports pedals cost?

Hard to fit?

They are pretty easy to fit. Only the accelerator pedal needs to be taken off cos you need to take out a pin to fit it in. I can help you fit them if you do get a set.

My worst Toyota Services Ever.

Just got my car 20K sevice yesterday at Western Toyota and they charges me $370??? :angry: , they said i gotta have a wheel aligment and balances, plus fuel injustion flush. The worst part of it is that they lost my Log Book and claim i never brought the book in. I went home and try to find it but i could remember i brought it in a gave it to the service guys. What do you guys opinion about this. Iam never going back there again.

Not happen and really pis#%^#^ off.

If you press the clutch pedal all the way in, you'll notice that the rubber part of the pedal hits the carpet first, causing it to detach itself from the pedal.

Happens to mine and a mates car as well... another design fault perhaps.

With sports pedals - There have been two occasions with my previous car, that mechanics doing pink slip inspections required me to remove them because they were illegal. Is this still the case ?