small acco

blue_rolla

some dude ran up the back of me last night..

situation was, i was driving along the freeway heading into the city (i think its the gore hill fwy or whatever).. and up ahead these 2 cars pretty much come to a stop, in both lanes, and for apparently no reason... and so the dude in front of me stopped and i used my impeccable braking skills to not hit him.. and then crunch, i got hit in the back, and then someone behind that created the 3 car pileup...

this is the result:

DSC00939.jpg

DSC00940.jpg

pretty annoying, but it means i can get some other stuff painted while im at it...

just thought you'd all like to see some pics :P

what the hell dont they know ur supposed to be able to see the person in front of u's tyres.........so u have enough room to slam on brakes should u need to.

tom go to king wreck like we did for our rear bumber.......u can get ur stuff painted too at our mates shop......he's fix the other dents u got too.........from the other ppl who park too close to u.

thats hopeless. why do people have to sit right in your a$$ while driving. if I notice them sitting there, i just slow right down to nuffin wait for them to over take and go on my merry way.

and OH84BY, where is king wreck that you speak of, i'd be interested to see how much your mate would charge to fix the damage on teh passenger side of my car and the small ripple of dents in my driver door?

and blue_rolla, should I just drive to your place to pick-up that DVD? :P I would like to have something done for the next meet to show people :P

hmm well it turns out that the panel behind the rear door is bent too... which means my hatch is out of alignment or something... so thats a bit of a pain...

im taking it to the NRMA assessors on wednesday and we'll see what happens...

when i stopped, i didnt use full brakes to avoid locking up, but i steered out of the way, which is why i only got hit in the corner... so its lucky that i did that, or my hatch would be totally rooted... either way its not my problem, she is covered by insurance, and everyone in the acco was with NRMA, so things should be smooth...

oh and she was driving her car with her brother in the passenger seat... and the brother owned the 3rd car in the pile up, and someone else was driving it... so thats unlucky..

nah well the other driver didnt seem to be too close.. i think it was more a poor reaction time and an inability to brake hard enough...

ive done a defensive driving course, and i was able to stop my car in the shortest time possible, and i moved into the emergency half lane thing whilst doing that in case i wasnt able to stop, and the other person locked up and slid into me...

so i think its poor driving and not paying enough attention... i didnt notice them driving unsafely close...

nah well the other driver didnt seem to be too close.. i think it was more a poor reaction time and an inability to brake hard enough...

ive done a defensive driving course, and i was able to stop my car in the shortest time possible, and i moved into the emergency half lane thing whilst doing that in case i wasnt able to stop, and the other person locked up and slid into me...

so i think its poor driving and not paying enough attention... i didnt notice them driving unsafely close...

It's weird how they don't teach people correct braking technique like you're talking about Tommo. Say your car has ABS, instead of teaching you how to bring the car to a hault in the shortest distance possible without locking up, they say "Just jam your foot down!!!!". I'm all for using the technology that's available... but what happens when these people are in a car that isn't fitted with ABS??? Most young drivers go from learning to drive in a modern ABS-equipped vehicle (Parents' or Instructors'), to their first car on their p-plates, usually an older car without ABS.

That looked like my car up until last week.

Cost $2500 to fix some thing like that.

The worst part is losing use of your car for a week. If rego is $600 and insurance $1000, that's $30 wasted for the week plus all the other hassels with it.