New Corolla revealed at Paris Motorshow

any torque figures to go along with pics???

as for engines they claim a 1.8L 2ZR-FE with 179Nm@4400rpm.

Thats according to Wheels Mag. And they reakon a 3% power increase. Shouldn't some of the Toyota employees be telling us whats going on? :whistling:

Those real pics show the car looking less "parrot-ie"

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*crosses fingers and hopes for a forced induction coupe version with a low cut roof line*

Im in love with the new turbo astra coupe but I dont wanna buy a holden. C'mon Toyota throw us a friggin bone here!

*crosses fingers and hopes for a forced induction coupe version with a low cut roof line*

Im in love with the new turbo astra coupe but I dont wanna buy a holden. C'mon Toyota throw us a friggin bone here!

Yes that's what I'm hoping for too lol.

Get the Astra :toast:

Did anyone else notice the roof???

Daniel, when you move into the new place?

Hey azza, Im in the new place now. Moved in on the weekend so ull see the rolla around a bit now. Still trying to find some tennants for my old house. Not looking forward to two mortgages with no rental income. Should rent out pretty soon tho.

As for the astra, I think ill wait for the HSV coz its only gunna be 3 grand more. But i really dont want to own a bogan holden even if it is the coolest looking hatch. Toyota need to bring out a 3 door sportivo or Nissan a 3 door SSS Tiida. Who ever does it first will get at least one sale from me.

Ive also heard HSV are looking at new corsa turbo as a smaller turbo hatch to take on polo GTI, swift sport and ralliart colt. Will eat them alive if they bring it out.

Each to their own, I guess, but I like the hatch. My issues with the new car are the boring-as styling of the new sedan, and the fact that Toyota won't be bringing the new wagon into Australia.

That means that Toyota will no longer sell a conventional station wagon, and the dealers are already hurting after they discontinued the Camry wagon.

Someone needs to tell Toyota that a great deal of wagon buyers want something that looks good and is reasonably inexpensive to run ... i.e. the RAV4, Kluger and LandCruiser are not attractive to many people.

Although existing wagon owners should see their resale value stay pretty good once it goes off the market.

hmmmm... im undecided as yet....

interior looks hot tho

piccies

there's an article in Today's SMH Drive section... Auris will be released as the 1.8ltr and plans for a performance version to be "powered by a 2.4ltr engine wearing a TRD badge"...

dunno if that'll be released in Oz tho....

On the serious side brandon and I were talking about the final car to come out badged as a 'TRD' vehicle. It'd have to be the Corolla I think. I'm thinking a kitted facelift hatch with similar stylings to that of the sportivo or levin. Powerplant? Brandon and I were unsure. I'm thinking they may make an economical but zippy turbo or s/c. Could even be a juiced up 1zz maybe, given that Toyota Australia may not have much to play with in the Corolla department. Mr Bates will ensure that it's good though. That TRD Aurion looks insane.

There is no doubt the Corolla will feature in the TRD range, but there is no way it will be a 1zz modified or not in the new model.

Going forward, the 1zz lacks refinement, it's too (mechanically) thrashy in higher revs and has been around since 99 (Or earlier?)

Given the competition out there, 1zz in the new Corolla is a bad move.

I've now decided what I really want to upgrade to next (The question is when I actually can though), It's not a Toyota and it's a Diesel.