New Corolla revealed at Paris Motorshow

I can definately see the styling cues with Yaris and Camry.

This one better have a better driving position though. I'm 6'4" and can't drive any of the ZZEs, seat doesn't go back far enough & steering wheel height is hopeless :(

Hahahaha YES!

I'm not tall at all and with my driving position there are only two more clicks back and thats as far back as it goes :huh: I'd hate to be taller

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*searches for bucket to hurl in*

as suspected, Toyota is going to hell in a handbag, turning into a bunch of go green sissies. Evidence of this can be seen in this new corolla and the heavy influence from the girly "efficient" yaris...which i may mention can be outpaced with ease by a push bike.

I wouldnt expect any turbo'd corollas or serious performance cars from Toyota at this rate. Shame Toyota...Shame.

I love the colour. did someone realise that its the same colour as the Aurion in the ads? maybe its Toyota's new 'black'?

I agree with many of you's that the yaris looking front make it look like a lower grade car, but a more powerful 1.8L engine...that sounds good. Won't be more powerful than the 141kw 2ZZ-GE though...they discontinued that engine cos it didn't meant Euro Emission standards...damn them!!! :angry:

lol well there's my rant. its good to hear so many different opinions about the same thing.

Stevo (I noticed someone else signs steve here...so i'll use stevo)

Won't be more powerful than the 141kw 2ZZ-GE though...they discontinued that engine cos it didn't meant Euro Emission standards...damn them!!! :angry:

Funny that the Lotus has the same engine and is compliant. Further more funny that the 2ZZ variant is Euro IV compliant in europe (in a Corolla)!

For some reason I can picture Toyota making a completley different shape for the Corolla again (like what they did with the seca in the mid 90's) and having it two door etc. They are making a big claim to provide performance cars, so that could be the turbocharged one we keep hearing about. Then again, this could be wishful thinking on my half again.

Those are 19" wheels on that show car. The road going version (Which I would say would only differ with more subtle bumpers and chrome headlights instead of those blacked out ones and conventional tail lights instead of those altezza style ones) could possibly have 17" wheels on Levin type models and possibly 18" wheels as an option...

il stick to my 05' stivo any day thanks i like the rear, even though knowing toyota it wont be like that once it gets here, but the front as everyone says is waaay to yaris i alreday get s%^&T for driving a "girls car" (ladies no offence) and having that yaris front will just give them more ammo.

Also like toyota in saying yep we had a what was it " an unsuccessful experiment in South African sourcing for the Sportivo and hatches". Sorry guys but after my stivo back to power of dreams for me.

Here's some more realistic pictures from the Paris Show. Front on is umm different, but honestly, I never liked the look of my front either, so importantly, want to know the mechanical package - especially what they've done with engine/s and the rear suspension this time round .....

auris.jpg

a2.jpg

a1.jpg

a5.jpg

a4.jpg

a3.jpg

Comparing these to spy shots, the only differences I can between this and the production model are...

-Chrome headlights - Not blacked out like this one.

-Conventional Red/Amber tail light lenses - Not clear like these.

-Exhaust will be single under bumper like existing model - Not twin outlets through bumper.

-Front Fog light surrounds/side vents in bumper will be smaller and more rounded.

The Corolla sold in Australia is built in Japan and that will be the same for the newcomer, after an unsuccessful experiment in South African sourcing for the Sportivo and hatches.

:clap::clap::clap::lol::lol::lol:

Looks like they have learnt their lesson..

Will have to wait for that mark until it gets here...

Will have to wait and see how many rattles the new one has....

Man it has Rabbit\Hamster car, sparkling all over it!!

The front is so chick...but are new hot hatches meant to be cute looking, is TMC Goin Conservative?

Maybe wat TMC need to do is extend their portfolio of cars...eg not have the Corolla trying to cover the budgets, cute, practical, hot hatch, sports market.

Common TMC....at least bring it to the HONDA boiz....eg CIVIC Type R\Hatch is sweet!