calling all female toyota owners

hey ladies,

i know some people are going to say this is a topic discussed to death but it really isn't... i've been searching the forums and i have not found a consolidated thread on this.

as a woman i've found dealing with many mechanics difficult and trying. i was once recommended a guy in the eastern suburbs with my previous car who turned out to be racist AND sexist and it was an awful experience.

i've recently purchased a 2005 corolla ascent sedan - totally generic, nothing fancy or modified, and i'd just like an opinion or recommendation for a mechanic in melbourne - preferably someone who won't call me a chink or gerlie and talk to me like i'm brainless just because i don't have a Y chromosome.

i admit i'm not mechanically inclined, and i'm not familiar with the science behind cars. but as a health care worker i don't expect patients to know everything about the molecular pathology responsible for the diseases they suffer and in the same token, i simply expect the same respect and patience from someone i'm paying loads to service my car. is that asking for too much?

anything either way would be helpful - recommendations or a list of people to avoid.

even if the said mechanic is out in werribee or geelong, i'll get there. a good mechanic is worth the effort i think. my life is stressful enough and i don't see the need to endure more pain and suffering in trying to maintain a car (which is meant to make life more convenient, not the other way around).

if not...i guess my only choice would be to cross reference lists of racv approved mechanics and toyota accredited ones and see who fits both criteria, hope for the best and call it a day.

thanks.

joyce

That's a tough one - I know this does not directly solve your problem, but can a guy that knows a little bit about cars go to the service centres with you ?

I am sure one of the guys on the forum live close by and can help !

I help out my lady friends when they have car problems and that way, the mechanics can't really stuff them around!

hey ladies,

i know some people are going to say this is a topic discussed to death but it really isn't... i've been searching the forums and i have not found a consolidated thread on this.

as a woman i've found dealing with many mechanics difficult and trying. i was once recommended a guy in the eastern suburbs with my previous car who turned out to be racist AND sexist and it was an awful experience.

i've recently purchased a 2005 corolla ascent sedan - totally generic, nothing fancy or modified, and i'd just like an opinion or recommendation for a mechanic in melbourne - preferably someone who won't call me a chink or gerlie and talk to me like i'm brainless just because i don't have a Y chromosome.

i admit i'm not mechanically inclined, and i'm not familiar with the science behind cars. but as a health care worker i don't expect patients to know everything about the molecular pathology responsible for the diseases they suffer and in the same token, i simply expect the same respect and patience from someone i'm paying loads to service my car. is that asking for too much?

anything either way would be helpful - recommendations or a list of people to avoid.

even if the said mechanic is out in werribee or geelong, i'll get there. a good mechanic is worth the effort i think. my life is stressful enough and i don't see the need to endure more pain and suffering in trying to maintain a car (which is meant to make life more convenient, not the other way around).

if not...i guess my only choice would be to cross reference lists of racv approved mechanics and toyota accredited ones and see who fits both criteria, hope for the best and call it a day.

thanks.

joyce

Where are you located? I reccommend Racing Project, contact Nelson on 98740066. Workshop is in Mitcham near Nunawading Toyota Service centre. He did good job for my car everytime. Just tell him Daniel with the black Corolla refer him to you.

Good luck

hey ladies,

thanks.

joyce

Where are you located? I reccommend Racing Project, contact Nelson on 98740066. Workshop is in Mitcham near Nunawading Toyota Service centre. He did good job for my car everytime. Just tell him Daniel with the black Corolla refer him to you.

Good luck

oh that was you i see around that area :D nelson is good but i dont like the front desk lady, she hates me for some reason *** knows what

Ahaha yeah I always go there for work I cannot do to my car. Are you driving black or silver corolla? The front desk lady, whom I called Auntie, she's always nice to me.

yeah i drive a black one :D the lady is good to every body else but just hate me :( last year i called to get a quote to put on a cf bonnet for my old car she told me to call her after christmas and it was only the start of november!!!

thanks guys, appreciate all the advice and recommendations. i'll check the heidelberg one out or famous nelson (and infamous "auntie") at nunawading if i have time. i'm mostly rotated around facilities in the north so the former mechanic's probably better for me.

i like the "just tell him so-and-so in the such-and-such-car recommended me". very mafia/brotherhood. i like it. so this is what it feels like to be part of a club. :spiteful:

cheers,

joyce

Ahaha yeah I always go there for work I cannot do to my car. Are you driving black or silver corolla? The front desk lady, whom I called Auntie, she's always nice to me.

yeah i drive a black one :D the lady is good to every body else but just hate me :( last year i called to get a quote to put on a cf bonnet for my old car she told me to call her after christmas and it was only the start of november!!!

Hahaha, man thats harsh I agree. Start of November is actually busy times for Nelson, as he is working towards Autosalon last year. And then usually he always go on holiday overseas, which is probably why she said call back after Christmas. Not trying to defend Auntie, but if she sounded harsh to you then you have the right to say so :)

Btw, is your number plate RUNX2? Thats the commonly around black corolla there.

Hahaha, man thats harsh I agree. Start of November is actually busy times for Nelson, as he is working towards Autosalon last year. And then usually he always go on holiday overseas, which is probably why she said call back after Christmas. Not trying to defend Auntie, but if she sounded harsh to you then you have the right to say so :)

Btw, is your number plate RUNX2? Thats the commonly around black corolla there.

nuh i dont have custom plate, i am not always around there its just i live near there so if i have to goto boxhill and etc i have to go past there, but i saw you twice near the round-about