Stage 1 in hope 2 inspire others

xoom

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter how much power, Traction is always going to be biatch because of the physics of the FWD layout. He can try compensate with a rock hard suspension set up and very sticky rubber, but then this will bugger up any real world handling and driving.

Still kudos for doing the work for making it strong and not doing dodgies, but not my taste.

I wouldn't be surprised if be gets high 12s, given you can run mid 14s with bolt on mods.

No matter how much power, Traction is always going to be biatch because of the physics of the FWD layout. He can try compensate with a rock hard suspension set up and very sticky rubber, but then this will bugger up any real world handling and driving.

that's the advantage of coilovers my friend... get to the track, tweak the rear to a rock hard firm setting so the car is stable on take off and set the front to a spongy soft setting for plenty of road feel and traction. ;)

then once it's all over dial everything back to the street settings ane you're all set to tackle the Sydney potholes again....

id be supprised if it couldnt get into the high 12's with some of the stock corollas coming ever so close to 14 flat.

provided the suspenssion and tyres are set up right, the car will have a crap load more torque with the turbo'd setup.

in terms of uniqueness, how many ppl can say they turboed they're 2zz,

answer = not many.

we all want to be unique in some way, take something as small as personalised plates, some ppl dont understand why ppl get them.

id be supprised if it couldnt get into the high 12's with some of the stock corollas coming ever so close to 14 flat.

They were very far from stock.

Those that have done the mid 14's had intake, exhaust and suspension work.

Hi,

seems like a very professional job. how much more power u can get out of the kit?

also, which workshop do u use to do such a big job?

Thats all going to depend on how much we want 2 force feed it and how agressive we are going to get it tuned .... but i have seen cars almost double in power over in the US .... (dyno disclaimer *******)

The workshop working on my car is Ant Motor Sports or AMS ...

cheers

Bill

he xoom can u answer my question plz

about the lsd installation

im putting in whatever's in my stock 5 speed, i think its just a stock toyota helical type,

also for parts, i meant as in clips,washes, shims, bearings etc, or anything needed for a clean install.

also is the 6th gear expensive, have u got are pic of it while its broken, still thinking if should do the install myself, looks harder than it is.

cheers

thanks mate

he xoom can u answer my question plz

about the lsd installation

im putting in whatever's in my stock 5 speed, i think its just a stock toyota helical type,

also for parts, i meant as in clips,washes, shims, bearings etc, or anything needed for a clean install.

also is the 6th gear expensive, have u got are pic of it while its broken, still thinking if should do the install myself, looks harder than it is.

cheers

thanks mate

Hi mate,

sorry missed this one.

from memory the diff bearings were changed but we re-used everything else i think. as i dont remember buying anything else. unless the guys threw stuff in there as they needed but they usually called if anything extra was needed to be purchased.

6th gear will set u back anywhere from 200-300 again i didnt get an itemised invoice .... maybe a bit less for trade.

i had a picture somewhere ..... ill c if i can track it down .... might be on the work laptop .... wat it basically is because ur leveraging off the teeth of the gear to undo them all so that u can slide them off u put so much pressure on it that u will break/chip some of the teeth on the gear in the process .... this is purely done up nice and tight because toyota doesnt have the bolts on the end to hold the gears in so its packed in nice and tight.

i was there the day it was being pulled apart took 3 of the boys ..... 2 holding everything down and inplace (yes even though it was clamped) and one turning the leaver to loosen the b@st@rd ......