Shift Light

Kevsta

I'm thinking of getting a shift light because it can be quite dangerous taking your eyes off the road to watch the tacko hit 8000rpm in preparation for the next gear shift.

I've noticed on ebay that there are some shift lights which simply run from the cigarette lighter, and am wondering how accurate these are as they don't hook into the rpm wire.

Can someone recommend a decent shift light that they've had experience with ?

Are the ones listed here any good ? www.raptorperformance.com

Thanks.

The ciggi lighter add in shift lights, read the RPM at the alternator - they are pretty accurate from my experience - i have one sitting under my bed (PM if ur interested- only used once (drag day))

L-MPR-AEL-000.jpg

BangN has a shift light for sale as well.. i think a SARD one $_$ very good, and pro -- installed via ECU i'm pretty sure

I spoke with a mate of mine and he said don't get a shift light because it's ricey and that I should know when to change gears by listening to the sound of the motor.

I don't know at this stage... do many people put a shift light in their sportivos ?

racing drivers use shift lights for a reason... but having said that, unless you take the car to the track... your friend is right, it's only rice...

I have a multi stage shift light in my glove box. I've used it twice and it's very good. It runs off the ciggy lighter the same way.

here's a tread I made on this earler... I ended up getting the one in the 2nd post thanks to Shao :D

pffft, real men shift with their ears, not with their eyes.......try driving an old car, without any resemblence of a tacho, and you'll know what I mean.....with the 4K, just rev it till you hear the valves start to bounce, then shift lol

Okay... Came really close last night into ordering one, but have held back on this. My friend said that if I ended up getting one of these, sooner or later I'm going to have other gauges mounted outside on the bonnet...LOL...

Thanks for the replies. I'll try and shift like a man.

rice... sure maybe not....

understandably if you get a massive 20thousand inch tacho with a shifty its not the classiest thing.. ive got a sneaky gizzmo recall shifty hiden at the top of my a pillar cant see it until it lights up and burns your retinas.. perfect for daily driving.. ricey i dont think so at all.. but hey if you can hear the subtle differences in high cam from 7,200 - 8,200 your killing it and your feet will be quick a little flashy light will tell you when your car is ACTUALLY there..

i enjoy my shifty..