CAI Help

I am going to make my own CAI using some 80mm ducting is this big enough? also what size/brand pods are you guys using? also whats a decent pod worth/where to shop?

Thanks Northy

TRD_141 has a very nice "home made" stealth set up.

i'm not doubting his setup, i'm just very curious about the gains that have been made by his intake. has he dynoed it? or was it more for the sound?

guys i need some help i have come to a bit of a prob with my CAI

box%20start.jpg

70-80mm.jpg

the prob i am having in the black pipe is 70mm and the red is 80mm so i need to find some way of joining them, i also need to mount the air flow meter in it somehow to.

air%20flow%20meter.JPG

thanks northy

what zeerolla said is the typical use of the red piping. looking at your pictures where are you going to put the air filter? i looked at the afm plate with adrrolla and danz and found out rocket industries has it for ~$45.

Can i please ask how you removed the hose that comes out of the airbox?? I have been trying for ages to remove the hose and just let the airbox suck air from where it is. The way i figure, the air will still be relatively cool however it will give me a better respnse time and also because there is less distance for the air to travel i figure i get some torque and a nice roaring (not too loud) sound as well...

Sorry to take it off topic but i would find instructions helpful, as for some reason, i cant remove the clip (im scared to use to much forcem dont wanna break anything) and there is a bolt which does not seem to be moving. Also the fuse box is hard to get out of the way because of the wires attached leaving not mch space to work with.. ANy advice?

Thanks

open up the air box and remove the filter you will see where the duct comes in an it has a little lug on the top just push it down, i had to un bolt the battery mount (was still connected) and then i was able to to get the pipe out. But first i had to remove the bumper to get the resonator box out.

http://northy.homeip.net/CAI have a look in there i took lots of pics hope it helps

Hey thanks man, for some reason i never thought of removing the battery first..... Is that resonator box the thing that sits under the pipe and is connected to the bottome of the pipe? Do you know what the purpose of that box is? I thought it was to collect any water which got into the stock piping to prevent it from entering the engine but not sure now... is it safe to remove this box?

Hey guys, i was talking to someone who reckons just have a pod fitted straight on and the duct work sitting in front of the pod filter but not actually connected. this way the air a very short distance to travel....

what do u guys reckon?