U2 Vertigo tour

SILVABULLIT

Hey all

Went to the U2 last night and have to say that it was the best concert that I have been to. 50 000 people all cheering and singing was a sight to be seen and the atmosphere was electric!! For those down south who will be having a concert soon get a ticket if you can cause it is worth it!!

It is one of those once in a lifetime things you have to do. :toast: The queue for merchandise was painfull and took me an hour and a bit to get a shirt then had a 300 metre line to go in the gate for my stand. We missed Kanye West all together due to waiting in line but I wasn't there to see him anyway.

Was an absolute great night and didn't get home and into bed till about 1am and had to be up for work at 5 so am a little bit dusty with a sore throat so productivity today at work will be a lil slow!!

Only downside to the whole night was having to share a bus with a heap of the "barmy army" who are here for the cricket. Loud,rude and obnoxious poms who were annoying the crap out of everyone with their chants that contained foul language while drinking on the council bus even after being told not to. They jumped the queue to get on the bus then just rudely pushed through the bus to basically steal people's seats.

Certainly makes me think twice about going to England that's for sure....

As for U2.... CERTAINLY THE BEST ROCK BAND IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!

sweet! i'm going to see U2 next Sunday @ Telstra Dome... got Shiite house seats, but i'm sure the atmosphere will well and truly eliminate that :D Kanye West and U2, sounds like an awesome combination!!

Can't wait!

Hey Jules and Carlo, I'll be going for the U2 concert on Sunday as well. I guess I'll see you guys there.

Man it's going to be GREAT!!! Can't wait. Have been waiting for years to see them in concert and I finally hve my chance. I actually have friends who are flying down from Singapore just to watch them.

Thanks for the review Silva!

Hey Jules and Carlo, I'll be going for the U2 concert on Sunday as well. I guess I'll see you guys there.

Man it's going to be GREAT!!! Can't wait. Have been waiting for years to see them in concert and I finally hve my chance. I actually have friends who are flying down from Singapore just to watch them.

Thanks for the review Silva!

No probs mate!! I missed out on their last tour here (Zoo TV) cause my mates got tickets and I asked if he could get me a ticket then I'd pay him the following week which was pay day. He said he couldn't and all my mates went and I missed out. But my 9 year wait came to an end last night and it was absolutely worth it!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanna say,... U2 ROCK!!!!!

I didn't get shafted after all with my seating!!

It's a shame that most of the crowd i was in (i.e. Isle 38, level 3) didn't know who Kanye West was... WTF man? So my GF and i had to keep our RnB sexiness inside T_T;; No booty shakin' up there, no no..

U2 was gold, i was so impressed, and for my first time at a concert EVER (yes it's true), i'm not too sure if this experience can be topped off by anybody else?

E and carlo, where were u guys?

Thanks U2

MAN!!! The gig was AWESOME! Never have I had soo much fun at a concert before. U2 rocks big time!

I had General Admission tickets so we started queueing from 130pm in the arvo. Finally made our way in @ about 5pm. Stood right in the centre of the mosh pit just over 10m from Bono. Had a great view from where I was.

post-117-1163980169_thumb.jpg

post-117-1163980201_thumb.jpg

post-117-1163980222_thumb.jpg

I was bummed when the main concert sold out in melb in 2hrs, (stuck at work couldn't go buy and the ticketmaster site died with the load). Then on Thurs on the way home, on the radio? "...500 additional tickets to go on sale today after re allocation of seating and cancellations..."

Max boost home and jumped online, nabbed the best tickets i could, $59 bucks... and at least we got to go!

was right on the side of the stage aisle 41, so didn't catch any of the light show, but at least u2 and Kanye were bigger from our seats then the ppl on the other side of the dome from the band.

Didn't like how Bono got preachy, but when all the phones came out, it was rather magical.

one word... aaawwweeesoommmeee.

u2 rock!

2zfvl8j.jpg

2ps2836.jpg

Edited by negatron

Think you'll find it pretty hard to find another group/solo artist to top them.....

Northy and I are off to Billy Joel tomorrow night so we'll do a review on that one as well:)

I just wanna say,... U2 ROCK!!!!!

I didn't get shafted after all with my seating!!

It's a shame that most of the crowd i was in (i.e. Isle 38, level 3) didn't know who Kanye West was... WTF man? So my GF and i had to keep our RnB sexiness inside T_T;; No booty shakin' up there, no no..

U2 was gold, i was so impressed, and for my first time at a concert EVER (yes it's true), i'm not too sure if this experience can be topped off by anybody else?

E and carlo, where were u guys?

Thanks U2

Ha ha I was Isle 15 Level 3 Row B.

Yes U2 was Gold !!! :clap:

Awesome Concert.