HSC over... YAY!!!

grima88

Haha thanks guys... Yea I've heard uni is a bit of a pain (my sis is at uni she did her hsc in 2003 as well). But o well wat can u do at least HSC is over! :yahoo:

Uni is gona b tough cos I'll b doin it at nite (only 2 subjects tho) cos I've got a cadetship (work full time during the week n do uni at nite time) in accounting with Grant Thornton. So its exceiting but also daunting... I just hope I get into the uni course I want! :help:

Congrats!

I think thats a good idea, do uni part time while working full time.

That way you get a feel for things. :D

only problem is it take 6-10 years to finish...

I guess it keeps u in touch of the "real world" - Do a co-op/IBL (industry based learning) year :ph34r:

Congrats for completeing ur HSC :toast: - my lil bro finishes his VCE exams on friday :clap:

Trust me when i say this, when you go uni its like having a HSC twice a year hahah. But uni life is great, enjoy it...........

LOL uni life isn't great. The people who say it's all about partying and hardly ever going to class - punch them in the face :) that's my advice.

ANU pride

Walk into uni with the right attitude and it will reward you....if you are unsure about the whole uni thing then take a year off or do it part time, that way you will be sure of what you really want to achieve.

I enjoyed my time at uni, although I regret lumping through it.

Trust me when i say this, when you go uni its like having a HSC twice a year hahah. But uni life is great, enjoy it...........

LOL uni life isn't great. The people who say it's all about partying and hardly ever going to class - punch them in the face :) that's my advice.

ANU pride

<_< <_< Uni is great, but you still have to put in hard work. But its a balance like anything else in life. Enjoy it as much as you can becasue when your finished you will be working the rest of your life ahahahah :P

Im doing engineering but im nearly finished, have 1 yr left. I like uni becasue you can just grab the lecture notes and sleep in sometimes. Theres no more spoon feeding like school, its up to you to do the work, if you dont then tough luck during the end of the semester exams.

The people who always party are the ARTS students, why do they go uni to learn to basket weave :P :P :P . Hope no one here does arts :P :P

Wow thanks for the support all :) ;)

Uni I worked out is gonna take 4-5 yrs to finish (cos work is gona giv me a yr off to study full time + I'll do some summer subjects to get it down to 4 yrs), But then I got another 2 yrs of my CA (Chartered Accountants course)... O well I'm jus happy I got the cadetship, it'll be good experience :) (jus gotta get my results bak so I'll see if I get into my 1st preference :help:)

RME1 tell ur bro good luck he'll b fine

But at lesat he has the experience when he finishes. Lots of my mates who have done there degrees get knocked back because of the lack of experience. At least this way he has more of a chance to make it past the selection and go to the interview stage.

But at lesat he has the experience when he finishes. Lots of my mates who have done there degrees get knocked back because of the lack of experience. At least this way he has more of a chance to make it past the selection and go to the interview stage.

Yea its not gonna take quite that long (but still a bit longer than doin it full-time), but I've talked to people in the company n they were there since they started there cadetship afta school n they didnt wanna leave cos it's a really good place to work (good systems/procedures n good ppl) so I'll prob end up stayin there 4 a while n by that stage I'll hopefully have built a good name for myself (afta lots of hard work tho lol) :)

Congratulations :toast:

Finished my Commerce degree last Wednesday (assuming I passed the final exams), I should be happy but i'm feeling a bit empty at the moment. Dunno what to do, probably should be looking for a job but from my past work experience I know things are pretty quiet approaching Xmas.

Guess i'll take a trip or something and see what my options are in the new year...

Different strokes I suppose. I did a fulltime TAFE Accounting diploma & then worked my way up from collections to accounting and finance within 5 years. Eventually I got bored of my role so I quit to pursue further education. My TAFE Diploma gave me a year of uni credits & I would've finished the course mid year but certain subjects weren't available until spring session...

Edited by Conquest

Congratulations :toast:

Finished my Commerce degree last Wednesday (assuming I passed the final exams), I should be happy but i'm feeling a bit empty at the moment. Dunno what to do, probably should be looking for a job but from my past work experience I know things are pretty quiet approaching Xmas.

Guess i'll take a trip or something and see what my options are in the new year...

Different strokes I suppose. I did a fulltime TAFE Accounting diploma & then worked my way up from collections to accounting and finance within 5 years. Eventually I got bored of my role so I quit to pursue further education. My TAFE Diploma gave me a year of uni credits & I would've finished the course mid year but certain subjects weren't available until spring session...

Nice man, Congratulations! I'll bet you're relieved

So what majors did you do? (I'm guessing its accounting and finance from above)