Help me with my muffler choices please

grima88

Hey ppl as my title suggests I'm trying to decide what muffler to put on my 2003 Auto Ascent Corolla :help: . I'm either going with an XForce S12 Twinloop (possibly with a Twin-tip welded on) or a Cannon with a silencer. I'm looking for a bit of a power or response boost, legal sound (so I don't get in trouble with the good old blokes in blue), and good looks of course :D

Also I think I've decided to go with Westside Mufflers (underneath JDM Yard) even tho its a bit of a drive cos I rang up n there prices are extremely fair as well as hearing pretty good reports on here :)

And finally I'm not goin to lose power having an Automatic car am I ??? :help:

Thanks guys and gals look forward to hearing your thoughts ;) :)

Edited by grima88

twin-loop is good from wat i hear. not too loud.. looks nice too. more free flowing than the existing muffler. twin tip is much more louder i think...

Will it b louder (some1 else also told me this), but I thought it was Bullsh!t cos once it goes thru the muffler ther eis no difference with the tip. Wat does every1 else think???

i would et the twin loop s12, looks good, not loud, cheap and it will actually make power

Groovy, but if I weld a twin tip onto the end of this (in place of the single tip) will it b louder ??? (I don't want it to be)

E.g. like the following (sorry bowt the dodgy paint shop pro work :lol:)

twinlooptwintipov6.jpg

I heard that there were no proven gains from installing any kind of exhaust system or any other performance parts on 1ZZE-FE auto's for that matter.. Let me know if im wrong.

Big Bum would know about this - he has had an axel back for his auto ICE'd out Levin .

I think the above statement is untrue, as the principal of less restriction should free up more KW's - it might not be as easily recognised :whistling:

CANNON! FTW!! - they sound pretty cool :yahoo:

Edited by RME1

People have also gained too mate. Wheres the dyno graph for Remus?

Wheres your dyno graphs for Twin loop ?

I didn't make any claims on Remus I just suggested it based on what I've heard and seen on a few NSW cars. I have no Dyno graph for Remus.

Hes asking I'm suggesting

don't get a canon it drones at crusing speed, i have a magnaflow twin-tip loud up hills ( hurts ur ears actually) but the sound is great.

At cruising speed u cant hear the exhuast at all, sounds like it has the stock one on it :blink:

It seems your a bit confused :whistling:

Edited by GAZOOM

Thanks all, i think I will go the xforce twin loop becos its an auto n already lacks balls a bit down low so I don't wanna trade it off even more for up high power (thanks GAZOOM for the link I must have missed that post when I searched). Plus the twin loop can't be as restrictive as stock anyway (come on the stock one is like a pea shooter :lol:). And I'll have a think about welding on a twin tip :rolleyes: :D

Thanks all, i think I will go the xforce twin loop becos its an auto n already lacks balls a bit down low so I don't wanna trade it off even more for up high power (thanks GAZOOM for the link I must have missed that post when I searched). Plus the twin loop can't be as restrictive as stock anyway (come on the stock one is like a pea shooter :lol:). And I'll have a think about welding on a twin tip :rolleyes: :D

check out the honda forums for info on the twin loop.

Things have changed since 2005. How about u come out and show me Remus and ill show what what buddyclub is about. And how it loses power ;) <_<

since we on the topic here!

Guys whats the best size for a stivo cat back?

i mentioned 2.5" at castle hill exhausts and the guy wasnt like oh yeah good size he said yeah that will work.

Things have changed since 2005. How about u come out and show me Remus and ill show what what buddyclub is about. And how it loses power ;) <_<

I don't have Remus like I said before from what I seen and heard. I personally like Remus.

Your telling me that a cannon exhaust is going to work well on a 1zz automatic? Your entitled to that opinion but I respectfully disagree.

Hey bangn (or any1 else) I know I mite come accross as a lil lazy but can u plz tell us what ozhonda said the changes were for xforce twinloop after 2005. Becos I don't feel like readin thru millions of threads lookin 4 answers (like I hav bin on here) wen some1 who is very well read can help me out ;)

O by the way GAZOOM I agree with you there (sorry bangn) with the loss of back pressure on auto's, as I don't wana b stuck wif no power where auto needs it tha most (I've read this elsewhere too, jus wanted confirmation from you guys)

Thanks again for all ur help guys ;) :)

The x-force twin loop is too restrictive... I doubt u would gain anything at all... Not to mention it sounds like stock...

Cannon power :D

Seen quite a few people with twin loop mufflers and to be honest it's all a gimic and a waste of money. Well done Bangn you've spoke the truth :toast: But in saying that putting any cannon on a 1zz auto will not be yielding any sort of neck snapping increases in HP either.

Prolly the best value for money system to go on a 1zz would be a stock sportivo rear muffler. A little less restrictive than the 1zz unit but free flowing enough to make some gains and also for a decent price. I think Silvabullit is on the money with that one.....