CES Catback Exhaust

Azza

OK As most of you are aware, I aquired a CES Catback exhaust for my 2ZZ this weekend at a great price from mowog.

After having this fitted to my car, when I drove out of CES's driveway, I knew that my car was certainly liking the difference.

I didnt notice much myself until I took the onramp back to the highway. Basically, between 3000rpm and lift, the car appears to have created an ability to flow smoother and free-er.

This is where I have noticed the increas in power as well as Lift not being as abrubt, although still fun.

Driving on the highway, when dropping back a gear or 2 when overtaking actually appears easier as If you are in that 3000 - 6000 rev range, the cars response has been increased.

So far, since having it fitted, I drove 50km (approx) from CES to my house on the highway, 25km round trip in semi traffic to my local major shopping centre and back, then I went out last night with 4 people in my car on a 50km round trip to the city and back in traffice.

Can I say, anyone that has ever complained about the noise in these things is a d!ck cause there isnt any. If any of you have met my wife, you will know that she will be the first to complain about something like that. She was with me when I went to the shopping centre and back. I also had her, as well as her parents and a friend of theirs in the car when we went out last night.

None of them commentted about the noise being annoying in anyway, and as we got home, I asked them all if the noise from the exhaust was in anyway annoying, droning, upsetting and loud.....they all said no....

So where to from here, only up. Time to get my CAI as soon as I can to get more air in and away we go.

MASSIVE THANKS TO TREVOR AT CES FOR SQUEEZING ME IN AT SUCH SHORT NOTICE TO FIT THIS EXHAUST TO MY CAR :toast::toast::toast:

I noticed the loss in mid range straight away with the stock system fitted. AZZA I am glad you like the system I loved it on my car as well. And I liked the sound it made as well.

Cant wait for the Ute to arrive :clap:

do u mine telling us how much you pay for?(u dont have to) and what muffler do you have, it sounds very interesting to me, as i have a wife that dont like loud noises too :)

Check the trader's section for all the info on the CES cat back in the relevant thread.

Those who have been in my car know the CES is not over bearing (I know Chris (FRED) was very eager after the lift I gave him from Newcastle to Picton. I've taken my parents in my car several times since both the CES and the coilovers have been put in (both 50+) and neither of them have found them uncomfortabe, in fact it remains quite comfortable to have a conversation into the backseat, even on the highway at 110km/h and 3,500 rpm constant for 1/2 an hour.

24 hours on and Im still loving it. Im not finding the sound annoying or overbearing at all. The only time the noise makes itself known is when your using compression to decellerate through the 4000 - 2500 range, but I wouldnt say its too noticable

good stuff mate .... fits in timely with the charger thats coming as well to better improve that mid range :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

SHUDDUP BILL!!!!! may, you are such a double crosser

What he said...

I understand that all ZZE model corolla's have the same floorplan with the same exhaust route, but I stand corrected if someone knows otherwise....

im planning to get a 2.5 inch pipping done to my car but i dont know weather or not to keep my cannon on or putting the stock sportivo muffler back on as my family and friends are getting annoyed with the sounds as its way to loud at the back....and also im planning to keep the resonator what the difference if i keep the cannon or replace it with my stock sportivo muffler...?

im planning to get a 2.5 inch pipping done to my car but i dont know weather or not to keep my cannon on or putting the stock sportivo muffler back on as my family and friends are getting annoyed with the sounds as its way to loud at the back....and also im planning to keep the resonator what the difference if i keep the cannon or replace it with my stock sportivo muffler...?

arent u selling ur car? :huh:

arent u selling ur car? :huh:

yeah i am...but only too reasonable offers...but still would like to do things here and there too it...

Jeff, there is some evidence that suggests a cannon will actually decrease the power your car is putting down. If power is not a big issue, then noise is the next suggestion. Stock sportivo mufflers aren't that loud when you thnk about them....

Jeff, there is some evidence that suggests a cannon will actually decrease the power your car is putting down. If power is not a big issue, then noise is the next suggestion. Stock sportivo mufflers aren't that loud when you thnk about them....

There is also 'some' evidence that CES lose power or dont gain any at all...

There is also 'some' evidence that CES lose power or dont gain any at all...

:clap: