king spring lows

talfox

hi guys, i recentally picked up a set of stivo wheels (thanx specialized32) and am now looking at lowering the car. i think i am opting for king spring lows. 3 questions:

1) are king springs the way to go?

2) around how much is a set fitted and where?

3) am i correct to say king spring lows are only a 30mm drop?

thanx, looking forward to your input

BTW: im located in melbourne

Edited by talfox

hi guys, i recentally picked up a set of stivo wheels (thanx specialized32) and am now looking at lowering the car. i think i am opting for king spring lows. 3 questions:

1) are king springs the way to go?

2) around how much is a set fitted and where?

3) am i correct to say king spring lows are only a 30mm drop?

thanx, looking forward to your input

BTW: im located in melbourne

suspension city in north melbourne will supply king springs low/superlows and fitted ... for $340

35mm drop kings

50mm superlows

superlows will look better on the car from my point of view, and no u wont scrub with a full load nor have problems with speed humps.

pics jon pics!!! man your car needed those wheels :P jokes ...

35 mm drop for king springs ...but even with superlows you wont scrub or "bottom out" just depends how low you want to go really, i regret not going superlows hence why im getting d2's :D.

Thats a good price 340 fitted they cost what say 200 for springs?? so 140 for install not bad. Hey good boyz pretty sure donallens do it for that price too. King springs are not the only way to go could buy whiteline, lovells etc but there all same really.

Remember the cruise!! 26/11/06 the more the better!! :clap:

YEA BOY i would definately recommend kingy's. i have superlows fitted to my car and its the best. 50mm doesnt look too low, looks really sporty and didnt compromise the suspension softness until i put low profile tyres and mags on. they handle amazing, a lot less bodyroll, firm ride and not too harsh.

in my opinion, the LOW springs wouldnt make much difference in terms of looks, drop it with SUPERLOWs and you wont regret.

i bought my king springs from ebay for $200ish and i installed them with a friends help. took a couple of hours. if you have any mates that know a thing or two about pulling struts, then try that first. saved myself a couple of hundred dosh.

good luck dude

pics jon pics!!! man your car needed those wheels :P jokes ...

35 mm drop for king springs ...but even with superlows you wont scrub or "bottom out" just depends how low you want to go really, i regret not going superlows hence why im getting d2's :D.

Thats a good price 340 fitted they cost what say 200 for springs?? so 140 for install not bad. Hey good boyz pretty sure donallens do it for that price too. King springs are not the only way to go could buy whiteline, lovells etc but there all same really.

Remember the cruise!! 26/11/06 the more the better!! :clap:

yeah donallens would b the same price if not u can alwayz say suspension city quoted $340 :)

i remember pedders quoted like $480.

This is a pic of 50mm drop king superlows b4 i got coilovers

ResizeofImage024.jpg

Thanx guys. i will start calling around. i would install myself but would that void the insurance in any way if something was to go worng?

i have changed both struts and springs with my dad on a toyota hiace and i can get the tools to squeeze the suspension from a friend of mine so i might give that a thought.

ALso one other thing i remember reading on the forum a while ago that when you put stivo rims on a ascent your speedo would be off. is it true that now if the speedo says we are doing 100 we are really doin 97 and with the stivo rims on if the speedo says 100 we are doing 102km/h???

Thanx guys. i will start calling around. i would install myself but would that void the insurance in any way if something was to go worng?

i have changed both struts and springs with my dad on a toyota hiace and i can get the tools to squeeze the suspension from a friend of mine so i might give that a thought.

ALso one other thing i remember reading on the forum a while ago that when you put stivo rims on a ascent your speedo would be off. is it true that now if the speedo says we are doing 100 we are really doin 97 and with the stivo rims on if the speedo says 100 we are doing 102km/h???

BTW: very nice good boys. and specialized32 love what you've done, your rims are very nice. ill post some pics when i make it look a lil more decent, lol

How can you guys possibly sit there and say that you wont bottom out over speedhumps with Superlows?????

Try the rooftop carpark at Chermside Shooping Centre...

Try the rooftop carpark at Tweed City Shopping Centre...

Try the rooftop carpark at Strathpine Shopping Centre...

Try the multistack Carpark at Sunshine Plaza Shopping Centre...

Try the carpark at McDonald's Morayfield...

Try the speedhumps on the backstreets in Enoggera near the Army Barracks...

This is not an exhaustive list, there are speedhumps everywhere I scrape over...

I BOTTOM OUT ON ALL THESE WITH KING LOWS

So I'd hate to think how Superlows would go.

My advice is to never tell people they will bottom out unless you know where they are driving.....

jus got a quote from suspension city. $350 fitted.

damn i cant make up my mind with superlows or lows!!

personally i like the look of the superlows but jus wondering bout practicality.

you guys mean by dropping out hiting the speed humps with the under tray right??

You guys keep going on about going over speedhumps... maybe the ones in Melbourne are a lot lower cause they are not really needed cause none of you know how to use your accellerator properly to start with :P

You guys keep going on about going over speedhumps... maybe the ones in Melbourne are a lot lower cause they are not really needed cause none of you know how to use your accellerator properly to start with :P

At least we can spell accelerator :P

jus got a quote from suspension city. $350 fitted.

damn i cant make up my mind with superlows or lows!!

personally i like the look of the superlows but jus wondering bout practicality.

you guys mean by dropping out hiting the speed humps with the under tray right??

Mate, had me Stivo dumped just a few weeks back at Bridgestone: Cnr Ferntree Gully & Dandenong Rd - thanks to 1ZZ-FE :clap:

Price: $350 (inc King Lows, Installation and a 2 week later Wheel Alignment).

As for whether to go Lows/SuperLows, you gotta consider what type of comfort u want to let go of, where you'll be driving over/through N parking. As stated by azza, u gotta be realistic with these factors in mind.

Hands down the rollaz on the forums will say SuperLows.

My situtation...Superlows, not for me! i still wanted comfort N not change me driving manner N the places that i go through would be a killer for me bumpers n undercarriage on SuperLows!!

GoodLuck wit ur decision mate n catchya at da meetup! :D

At least we can spell accelerator :P

:clap: haha!

think im going to go with superlows. Might thave them fitted tomorrow. Thanx heaps for the input guys, much appriciated. hopefully i can get off owrk early on sunday and join you at the cruze

I have superlows and i scrape all over the place. There a a few speed humps that i have stopped on the top of to check how much clearance i have and i can just fit my fingers under the side skirts. My work driveway has a speed hump at the top and even on an angle i still scrape.

BTW im on my stock stivo rims with 50 profile tyres and i have changed my stock shocks, it was worse when the stock shocks were nearing the end of their life

im going to go for superlows, as i dont have a sportivo, hence the front lip, side skirts, etc. im getting them installed for $25 per wheel, can do myself but dont really have the time at the moment.

anyone heard of brown spring? i was recommended by someone and can have them done pretty cheap there. Brown's make there own springs and said that king springs are **** and sag.

Anyone had any problems with sagging king springs?? i haven't heard of that!!!

im going to go for superlows, as i dont have a sportivo, hence the front lip, side skirts, etc. im getting them installed for $25 per wheel, can do myself but dont really have the time at the moment.

anyone heard of brown spring? i was recommended by someone and can have them done pretty cheap there. Brown's make there own springs and said that king springs are **** and sag.

Anyone had any problems with sagging king springs?? i haven't heard of that!!!

I've had eight different cars with king springs, ranging from superlow>low>prosport and not had a problem with the springs sagging on any of the cars. I wish they would have sagged a but on some of the cars as I would have liked them to be lower ;)

the "King Springs Sag" rumor is fairly common though, probably comes from the pedders fanboi's or those trying to justify spending a lot more on other brands.

Edit: You may be interested to know that Kings now have some new machinery and have the capability to cold-wind springs too.

Edited by rollamods

BTW im on my stock stivo rims with 50 profile tyres and i have changed my stock shocks, it was worse when the stock shocks were nearing the end of their life

just wondering how long did your stock shocks last on the super lows ??