A whole bunch of answers regarding mods & legality

After being sent this link from a friend i guess the CAI has 2 go ........ NOT :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Noise from filters and valves

Avoid fitting your vehicle with a pod-type air filter. This filter increases engine induction noise and may also increase exhaust gas pollution. Under clause 20 of the Regulation, it is an offence to modify an engine's air intake when it results in an engine noise level exceeding the maximum level specified in the Regulation.

Do not fit blow-off valves that vent directly into the atmosphere. Blow-off valves that vent back into the induction system are allowed.

Waste gate valves are nonstandard pressure release valves for turbochargers. These devices increase the noise from engines and can cause disturbance. If you are fitting these valves, ensure they do not vent directly into the atmosphere but into the exhaust system upstream of any mufflers.

the whole article ......

http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/noise/vehiclenoise.htm

Sounds like we better not fart either...too much noise and gas into the atmosphere.... :whistling:

Removing, altering or rendering less effective the noise control equipment of a motor vehicle (clause 18)

I ain't no legal eagle, but I interpret this to read that simply replacing your muffler or resonator, is illegal. It says "removing altering or rendering less effective".... IMO, altering means doing anything to it...

I also like this one...

Using a vehicle that emits offensive noise in a place that is not a road (e.g. trail bikes) (clause 14)

My interpretation means that your not allowed to ride an off road vehicle off road..... ;) ;) ;)

I read it that your just not allowed to mod the car to start with....or even change your muffler when if falls off from age incase the sound output changes by 0.000001dB

why dont they just say "no one can mod their car in any way,because it cause disturbance and too many oldies complain" oh and a cop made me test the sound level when i still have my civic, and its got a cai and custom exhaust and header, but with a standard muffler, and they only rev to about 4grand. and the work shop guy think its quiet enough to be legal:) (i only had to go to some exhaust place, not Vicroad)

I read it that your just not allowed to mod the car to start with....or even change your muffler when if falls off from age incase the sound output changes by 0.000001dB

Massachussets USA has a similiar law on exhaust systems. Technically, even if it rusts and falls off, you are not allowed to put even an OEM from dealer one on.

California USA is worse BTW......ug!

hi all

i have a corolla sportivo with TRD CAI is my car able to be defected with the TRD CAI

Regards

Jas

Technically yes....realistically...probably not...