Rockford Fosgate Gear

LiMz RoLLa

Hey guys I just purchased these Rockford gear.

Rockford Fosgate Punch 3-way speaker P163C

p163c1lxc0.jpg

Rockford Fosgate Punch 12" stage 1 P1 subwoofer

p112sx1ley1.jpg

Got both for $300 at Lifestyle store in Nth Parramatta, Sydney

What do you guys think of the price??

Andrew

Edited by LiMz RoLLa

i was gonnna get those 3wayz...

but i really wanted component speakerz that got 2 tweeterz you can position either on the speaker or separately...

hopefully my brother can get it while hes in the US... $129US free delivery but thats in the USA only (CHECK THE CARDOMAIN store website).

works out to roughly $165aussie!

nice buy andrew!

if i didnt already have a sub i would have probebly gone for the deal you got...

nice score dude!

jase

Yeah the guy told me that original sale price for the 3 way was $250 and the P1 $250 also so I saved like $200. I told him i was part of this forum and he took the price down. Prob wants word of mouth.

I've currently got a crappy Boss audio 4ch amp that I'm thinking of upgrading to run my new gear. What recommendations do you guys have. Is it necessary to have a Rockford amp to run to it's potential?? I'm only willing to spend about $3-400 on it.

Cheers!!

Ask Micky about rockford amps, I dunno how much he paid but he has this mammoth one that's running the whole show. Just squeezes between the rails of the passenger seat.

When I got my car it had big "The Lifestyle Store" stickers all over it. I presume they did the custom door trims on my car, it really is good work, with white neons and embossing that says "RunX" - really professional. If I lived in Sydney that would be my audio shop.

i heard the 2way speakers compared to those 3way composhiite PUNCH speakers for my self at the audiostore in merrylands.

the guy wazs trying to lead me to the 2way speakers, saying the punch was overpriced... but regardless of price... the PUNCH'S SIMPLY SOUNDED BETTER.

just my opinion.. but at the time i went threre, i did little NO homework on reseasrching mids/tweeters and simply just went by ear.

3way components sounded FARKNSCHWEET!

3-way coaxials are a waste of money; like Suprathai said, it's a marketing gimmick.

My brother has 3x 12" Punch H2's (I think???) and they've been hammered hard every day for three years; no problems. They've had lots of power going through them aswell, so I'd recommend their subs to anyone.

I'd look elsewhere for component speakers. And lastly, save up and buy a pair of 2-way or 3-way splits; money much better spent.

Edited by Nunga_08

Three way component splits are damn exy if you ask me...for the masses splits will be fine.

I believe Splits, Sound deadening and aftermarket HU are the way to go. I didn't add a sub until three years later, It made the system more complete but any one that has been in my car without the sub said it was damn nice.

Installation is equally if not more important then the hardware itself. Properly installed $300 splits will outperform $1000 splits that you just whack into the stock locations.

• 2 weeks later...

Three way component splits are damn exy if you ask me...for the masses splits will be fine.

I believe Splits, Sound deadening and aftermarket HU are the way to go. I didn't add a sub until three years later, It made the system more complete but any one that has been in my car without the sub said it was damn nice.

Installation is equally if not more important then the hardware itself. Properly installed $300 splits will outperform $1000 splits that you just whack into the stock locations.

Really good buy for Rockford Fosage gear, Is it discontinued gear or pretty new?

Absolutely right, when i bought my Soundstream gear from Autobarn, the staff even told me that 3-way isnt much different to 2-way splits and 6X9's. He used the line "It's a marketing gimmick"

Hey guys I just purchased these Rockford gear.

Rockford Fosgate Punch 3-way speaker P163C

p163c1lxc0.jpg

Rockford Fosgate Punch 12" stage 1 P1 subwoofer

p112sx1ley1.jpg

Got both for $300 at Lifestyle store in Nth Parramatta, Sydney

What do you guys think of the price??

Andrew

That sounds like a great price!esp with the sub..maybe u could ask him for a group buy price..hahaha..i dun mind getting one to run my system..:D