Lexus IS500

lexus_is500_1.jpg

lexus_is500_2.jpg

We can always count on Nihon Car & Bike to keep us abreast of the goings on in Japan, and its latest scoop is what we think are official shots and specs of the forthcoming Lexus IS500. While these images could be nicely done Photochops, we're going with our gut here and guessing that they're not. According to NC&B, this information comes straight out of Japanese car mag Car Top, which reveals the IS500 will be powered by a 5.0-liter V8 developing 420 bhp and 405 ft-lbs. of torque, which is a larger and more powerful engine than the 380-hp, 4.6-liter V8 that we've been expecting. Clearly the car gains some width thanks to more pronounced fender flares covering a more aggressive wheel/tire combo. We did notice, however, that the oddly stacked quad exhaust tips we've seen in spy shots have been reordered into two neatly space pairs that flank an underbody air diffuser, while the rear deck also gets a subtle lip spoiler.

IS250 on roids.

I usually keep a packet of tissues in the car handy in case I see them on the road :lol: Beautiful car. Deffinately on my wish list.

That's OUR future car! :lol::lol::lol:

haha yeah, if it ever gets released here. Screw the 350z yeh? ;)

Even the IS350 is crazy with it's 3.5litre v6 306hp engine. I wish we had that here. Or even the AWD version of the is250 would be nice. We don't get anything special down under.

IS250 on roids.

I usually keep a packet of tissues in the car handy in case I see them on the road :lol: Beautiful car. Deffinately on my wish list.

That's OUR future car! :lol::lol::lol:

haha yeah, if it ever gets released here. Screw the 350z yeh? ;)

Even the IS350 is crazy with it's 3.5litre v6 306hp engine. I wish we had that here. Or even the AWD version of the is250 would be nice. We don't get anything special down under.

Not if it has a Rob Green Supercharge conversion pushing 300kw!

very nice rob!

719RWKW a daily driver?

719BHP

Yeah he drives it every day to my knowledge hahahaha. Too much $$$.

Seen a clip of him taking on a Hayabusa on a freeway. He slowly pulled in front of him ;) His mate owns the 9 second Supra (street car also) haha.

• 4 months later...

Yes that's right, Lexus is due to launch it's much awaited performance hero, the IS500 at the Detroit Motor Show.

It's 5 litre V8 will produce 300kw and being driven through an all new 8 speed transmission it's bound to be be blo0dy, no hold on, make that f*cken quick :D .

A short teaser article is in Todays Herald-Sun (Melb) Cars guide.

Styling looks to be IZZ style :) - Little is more, with only subtle differences such as wider wheel arches lower stance, deeper front air dam and quad tail pipes (stacked vertically in two's on either side rather than side by side).

Can't wait :clap: