Power Issue....?

Call me stupid if you will, but what's the big power issue that you all keep refering too....

I hope it's not that you don't get 141kw at the wheels because, no matter what your car is the flywheel torque will always be greater then the wheels, just simple physics really.

Energy is lost through many places in the transition between the enging and the wheel, brief summary, transmission, diff and drive lines, hub and bearings etc, plus loss through sound, friction, heat etc

If there are other issues I'd be glad to know what they are but if it's simply the transfer of power to the road, then, keep the research going on improvements, but don't blame the engine....

and on that has anyone tryed installing an L/S Diff of upgrading the clutch plate to see what the effect was??

The main dispute is that on an engine dyno set to Toyota specifications the engine does not put out at the flywheel the advertised 141kw. This is now a fact!

Toyota is just not talking at present. There is a fix and replacement parts are heading to Aus. Hopefully we will not have to wait too much longer for a free performance upgrade. But it is coming :D

you dont get 141 anywhere, you only get 131 thats the prob you are 10kw short no matter where you measure

Apparently we are pegged at 120 KW, as my source from Toyota has informed me, which is a long way short of 141KW. :ph34r:

heya,,

i remember reading in another post that we might be getting a new exhaust system, apparently the stock part is too loud for a stock standard car, and ontop of this a new ECU to try and raise the kw's to the right figure... :D

does anyone know when we will get this fix,, i don't want to do anything until we have the fix done.. :rolleyes:

so for now i just have parts sitting in the garage..... ;)