Unichip Reading

Here is the graph for all you knockers. Also this is done in tune mode not in shootout mode so the figures are lower than they world be. In shoot out would be doing approx 115kw at the wheels. Whilst this does not seem that high remember we are hobled by the current ecu .. And also all dynos are different.

Thanks Peekay, i noticed the torque hole disappeared after installation of the UNICHIP. Also your car was dynoed in 4th gear right? 1 thing i would prefer was for the max. power to peak at higher revs. AFter the UNICHIP, the peak power was produced at 7300-7400rpm. Although some might say that is better for the engine. Great results nevertheless and no doubt the mods complement the 2ZZGE. Now maybe with closer ratio gears and a lightened flywheel...

Flywheel next...and clutch

Man, seriously Peekay i think you should get HOT4s or some mag to take a photoshoot and write a coverage of your car just to let people know more about the Stivo. You car has enough mods to impress them for sure.

Cheers,

Zee

Thanks mate maybe but I have the C-One wings arriving some time next week and I am also upgrading the taillights to the same as the current model.I supose we could see if they are interested or not who knows... :blink:

Good peekay, but look what I got:

Dont know how to post pics here :(

http://www.forum.corollaclub.org/album_pic.php?pic_id=671

And its only TRD CAI + TTC Ecu Remap for 200 AUD :D :D

Imagine what I would get with your setup.

Also note extermely high temp, and this dyno place is well known for notoriously lower results.

On other dynos I'm expected to perform about 210HP at the crank.

In case you cannot read the chart:

Max power at the wheels: 111,8 kW

Max power: 150.7 kW

And thats with intake air = 60 C

So the ecu can be remap. How did it go? How much power did u get? Remap is a cheap alternative without the expense of doing unichip, good stuff.

Just plug in your laptop thru ODBII socket and voila. I have base prog. not tuned yet to my setup.

Got 9.7 kW increase at the crank compared to stock with TRD CAI.

And TRD CAI compared to stock gave 1KW increase :(

So with re-map can you do things a simple as reduce startup RPM from 1900 to (say) 1500..??

Geese screemin its guts off stone cold is deeply pissin me off...

not to mention wearin the beejesus outa th motor....

And its only TRD CAI + TTC Ecu Remap for 200 AUD  :D  :D

Also note extermely high temp, and this dyno place is well known for notoriously lower results.

But remember mate we have a vastly different ecu to what you are running. Our cars are 20 kw down from where they should be when we get the replacement bits it will be interesting to see the results then. Also I don't know about the remap I am certainly not going to play with a factory ecu that is still under warranty...no way :blink:

And its only TRD CAI + TTC Ecu Remap for 200 AUD  :D  :D

But remember mate we have a vastly different ecu to what you are running. Our cars are 20 kw down from where they should be when we get the replacement bits it will be interesting to see the results then. Also I don't know about the remap I am certainly not going to play with a factory ecu that is still under warranty...no way :blink:

First: do you think that program can destroy the ECU? Just think about it.

Second: the levels are still within Toyota tolerances, so this remap is invisible to Toyota diagnostic tools . I could go for 171 kW program, but then i'd be straining the engine too much, and facing the danger of discovery.

BTW: our ecus are the same, just the prog is different.

Currently our cars which are suposed to be running 141 KW only produce approx 121 kw. Also you say "Max power at the wheels: 111,8 kW" my car in shoot out mode on the Dyno I would infact be producing more power than you. The Guy who tuned it said I would be running approx 115KW at the wheels....Any way what ever as long as you and I are happy who cares. Every dyno machine is different and produces different figures I could do it on one machine go down the road to a different shop with the same dyno and get different figures.

....Any way what ever as long as you and I are happy who cares.

And that's what I think also. :D

BTW,

What clutch/flywheel setup you're going for?

I was thinking about MWR Cro-Molly Forged Flywhell (4,5kg) and ACT XT Street Clutch. Around $850 in the US.

Peekay,

Thanks for publishing the sheet.

I was a little miffed when scrolling thru the old forums last week and checked the "unichip thread" and realised you hadn't given the figures yet.

For me, It's far from just 'the numbers'.

What this forum is about to me is the sharing of information.

While it's good for peekay to say it is a big improvement, (and I wholly believe him) its nice to see a graph of WHERE the gains are made, and how much of the 'mid range hole' it fills in.

This allows us other guys to see if in our OWN opinion it is worth the money to get it done- what suits me for performance may not suit Egene for performance etc.

And of course, it is good to see the numbers as well :rolleyes:

So lets not start 'number wars' and respect each and everyones own set of figures, if they choose to post them.

Just my 10c worth.

BTW,

I was thinking about MWR Cro-Molly Forged Flywhell (4,5kg) and ACT XT Street Clutch. Around $850 in the US.

TRD offers the lightweight flywheel (4.4kg, 27% lighter than stock) for 2ZZGE. Check with Bruce, i think it costs less than AUD$800. There are also TRD clutch covers and clutch plates (organic/metal-faced) for sale. But be aware that the car might climb hills slower than before if you fall out of LIFT due to the narrow power band and 1.8 engine capacity.

Zee

BTW,

TRD offers the lightweight flywheel (4.4kg, 27% lighter than stock) for 2ZZGE. Check with Bruce, i think it costs less than AUD$800. There are also TRD clutch covers and clutch plates (organic/metal-faced) for sale. But be aware that the car might climb hills slower than before if you fall out of LIFT due to the narrow power band and 1.8 engine capacity.

Zee

climbing up the hill hasn't never been more fun :P

just need a little bit more throttle. there are some hills where if i used to floor it at 2500rpm it would only just hold the rev. now it starts to climb slowly.

not sure wat u meant about my setup but on the transmission side of things, the flywheel, pressure plate and full-faced organic clutch are from TRD.

the only side effect is a slightly trickier clutch control, and the engine needs a few more revs when moving around car parks in 1st coz the engine vibrates more at lower revs during then; and stalls easier (ask Northy :P).

other than that its a bigger grin than the CAI i reckon. makes the car feel more urgent.