Echo vs Corolla

Corolla Work Horse

Rolla 02 @ 131000 km

High k's but what can u do? Old reliable

Note the stivo kit

Echo City Slicker

Low K's , a bit bland same year

It really depends what the missus is going to be using it for?

daily driver, with just herself and isn't much of a speed demon or needing to drive around friends? Then the rolla - more power, space, "more" aftermarket bits - better interior :toast:

echo = daily driver, just herself ...but if she's TB then u can always fluff it up with toys and all the like? Interior is a bit iky , but i guess u can decorate?

:yahoo: Good luck either way

Echo Sportivo :toast:

Echo Sportivo

Shes just after something to get to her work and back, the power thing isnt really a concern for her i don't think.. Do you know how they compare mechanically? Do the Echo's have a bad reputation?

Dude, both the corolla and echo are great cars and cheap to run. Any model produced after 2000 (applies to both corolla and echo) is chain driven, so cheaper service costs per 100,000klm. Try to get one with power steering and air conditioning, service history and low klms, and you will enjoy it for the next decade or so. Go for the newest you can afford, and the echo is a good car; no issues.

Coriolla power wise, is hands down winner. Auto or manaul the rolla is just better built (in my opinion) . The Echo feels slow - that's with only 2 people in the car - the yaris is a much better improvment, but if it's between the two - Rolla!! The interior is really disappointing in the echo (see link in 1st post) :D

shhiieeett! i want that body kit on my sedan :D

Noo!! I thought I was the only sedaner with the stivo b-kit. Oh well. Looks good tho!!

I would go for a rolla, it just packs a little more punch.

sorry to burst the bubble andrew ..

theres another 2 that ive seen ..

another white one with full stivo kit

and a green one with full stivo kit and rear spoiler ...

both around the epping area

we have a echo and a yaris for work and the echo after 122,000km and various driving styles and 2 crashes still goes fine.....just smells of pizza that is all :P

• 2 weeks later...