brake squeak

ok it has finally struck me. the car groans when it rolls backwards. now is there a fix from toyota on that? and does anyone know who makes the stock pad? funny thing is that i have been driving the car slowly and softly for the last 2 weeks and its only happened then. been driving it hard and spirited before that and nothing ;)

when does everyone's brake squeal thing when reversing started? i've only just done 13,000k

thanks in advance!

:angry: My groaned upon reversing for the first month and it has since disappeared. :lol:

It's been 4 months now and I haven't heard another sound since.. :rolleyes: .. so not sure what's going on.. but I am happy it's gone .. or it could be I don't reverse that often.

I'll try it tonight and post another message tomorrow to update, if mine does make a noise. :unsure:

Artivo.

I have that squeal but don't care much anymore because i am sick of my dealer here and am currently too busy to bother. I am driving my car harder by the day and i found that the Stivo responds very well to hard driving.

The only time I had the squeel was when reversing down my folks driveway which has about a 20 deg gradiant and only on cold or wet days, I just assumed it was low friction from cold brakes!!!! I happens on both their cars also (Subaru Liberty and Outback) so I thought nothing of it. Haven't had a problem over here in Wollongong and I reverse slowly into my carpark every time I get home from a drive.

it only happened to me once or twice since i got the car but been doing it lots in the last few days. and i wasn't even on the brakes! my garage front has a very slight slope. sometimes i let it roll back a little as the clutch engages, and in the last 2 days it has made that groaning sound. so i dunno if its coz of me being too nice to it or something... :P

it only happened to me once or twice since i got the car but been doing it lots in the last few days. and i wasn't even on the brakes! my garage front has a very slight slope. sometimes i let it roll back a little as the clutch engages, and in the last 2 days it has made that groaning sound. so i dunno if its coz of me being too nice to it or something... :P

or maybe u haven't been treating her nicely before thats why? ;) :lol:

it only happened to me once or twice since i got the car but been doing it lots in the last few days. and i wasn't even on the brakes! my garage front has a very slight slope. sometimes i let it roll back a little as the clutch engages, and in the last 2 days it has made that groaning sound. so i dunno if its coz of me being too nice to it or something...  :P

or maybe u haven't been treating her nicely before thats why? ;) :lol:

and now she's screaming for more!!! :D

i haven't hit lift in the last few days!! :o

shocking, huh

I reverse into my garage every day, the driveway slops about 25 - 30 degrees downwards. My brakes use to do the groan then they stopped, now its just a constant squeel like the pads are worn. now i know for a fact that they arent worn out but its making this constant squeel. If anyone doesnt know what could cause it I may have to get my mechanic to check it out

has anyone changed their rims and found that it stopped squealing soon after?

yep. as soon as i changed rims...squeals stopped.

but...does happen every now and then...only of steep gradients...and when it's really cold.

other than that..nothing.

seems to really happen with the stock rims...and when it's cold...in reverse.

the new celica's also have the same problem.