Corolla Driveshafts

my guess would be that they are, given that they are both 4 stud, suspension is the same etc

my only concern is that the the threads on the end of the shaft dont match up to the gearbox. Any Ideas?

or if any1 know where I can get s Sportivo driveshaft that would be better (dont say toyata cuz they will prob charge a fortune when they are pretty cheap second hand).

$1400 are you serious, they are like $120 second hand, what a rip off.

I thought about getting it rebuild but dont wanna have my car out of commision. I just wanna take the shaft out on saturday morning and have it finished within an hour or two (need to refill trans fluid etc)

go and see some local driveshaft repair places, ones that use japanese parts to rebuild them instead of the chinese stuff. See if you can get an "advance exchange" shaft... Not likely they'll have one in stock, but you can try. Is it the drivers or passenger side shaft?

Its the drivers side. I couldn't find an exchange sportivo one, well any1 who knew the difference anyway. Maybe I should get a billet driveshaft from the USA, prob wont break then.

Edited by VVTLiR

well the sportivo uses a half-shaft type CV on the drivers side, the normal ZZE122's use a full shaft. They're not directly interchangable.

the CV's will still wear with a billet driveshaft. You wont make enough torque with a 2ZZ to snap a standard shaft, so billet shafts are a waste of money.

The chinese replacement CV parts wear a lot faster than the japanese parts. My local driveshaft shop has a display case full of broken chinese parts.

well the sportivo uses a half-shaft type CV on the drivers side, the normal ZZE122's use a full shaft. They're not directly interchangable.

the CV's will still wear with a billet driveshaft. You wont make enough torque with a 2ZZ to snap a standard shaft, so billet shafts are a waste of money.

The chinese replacement CV parts wear a lot faster than the japanese parts. My local driveshaft shop has a display case full of broken chinese parts.

I see, prob need to take it out and get it rebuit. how about celica driveshafts?

You're unhelpful and unknowledgeable Toyota Spare parts department :P

that is so true, i went to one of the toyota parts department and quoting for the stivo side skirts on the 2006 model, they told me to come back with the part number i needed because they had too many corolla side skirts in the system...

"if i had the part number, i wouldn't be coming to you sunshine"

he's probably just too lazy to find out for me

its a 2zz, wats the engine got to do with cvs??

your better of sticking to rhe corolla ones, there thicker than the mr2 and the celica

Just thinking the teeth may be differnet at the end of the shaft, for the celica gearbox than the sportivo. Crap thats not what i wanted to hear i was hoping that they would be the smae thickness.

Edited by VVTLiR