V6 Tarago

jps137

Does anyone know anything of the specs and a release date for the new V6 Tarago? Apparently it is supposed to be using the Aurion V6, so a Tarago with 200kW

Does anyone know anything of the specs and a release date for the new V6 Tarago? Apparently it is supposed to be using the Aurion V6, so a Tarago with 200kW

hopefully the v6 will make up for tarago no longer having the mid engine design of the seris one :huh:

202kW at 6200rpm and 340Nm at

4700rpm, on 95RON premium-unleaded petrol.

The V6 will also run on normal unleaded.

GLi 4-cyl $49,490

GLX 4-cyl $52,490

GLi V6 $54,690

GLX V6 $56,990

Ultima V6 $69,990

The ultima will have the lot......(no proximity keyless entry)

it also has heated front seats, power sliding side doors, leather seats, heated front seats, dual

sunroofs (one fixed and the othertilt-adjustable) with sunshades and satellite navigation. 215/55R17.

Middle row has captain's chairs with integrated ottomans

• 2 weeks later...

thats just what i need!!!!!!

is it still 8 seats or 7?

From what I have read it varies GLI is 8 seats and GLX and Ultima is 7 seats.

I just took the GLI for a test drive today! awsome! when you slide into the drivers seat its like sitting in a car. 6 speed auto gear change is incredible good and smooth too. I am considering buying the ultima.

I just took the GLI for a test drive today! awsome! when you slide into the drivers seat its like sitting in a car. 6 speed auto gear change is incredible good and smooth too. I am considering buying the ultima.

how's the perfomance of it?? (its a heavy car, 1800kg)

how's the perfomance of it?? (its a heavy car, 1800kg)

I was taken by surprise on how well it performed. it simply drove like a car with a v6 in it. On take off i put the pedal to the metal flat and it gave me a good response straight to 60KM hr very quickly. i don't know what its like at highway speeds as i never tested it that far. but bottom end grunt at low speeds was impressive.

my reasons for looking at a purchase is many. i needed a vehicle that could take my wifes large wheel chair as its like a lounge chair on wheels. but i also needed something that could take passengers as well.

with the 3rd row fold away seats it was amazing at the extra room in the back. but i also wanted something with a bit of power and also not drive like an old van.

so when i saw the specs on this V6 tarago i was sold! the only time you realise your in a van i guess is when turning tight corners. Oh and is it quite!! no noise whatsoever! and the audio acoustics when talking in the van while driving is extremely good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

202kW at 6200rpm and 340Nm at

4700rpm, on 95RON premium-unleaded petrol.

The V6 will also run on normal unleaded.

GLi 4-cyl $49,490

GLX 4-cyl $52,490

GLi V6 $54,690

GLX V6 $56,990

Ultima V6 $69,990

The ultima will have the lot......(no proximity keyless entry)

it also has heated front seats, power sliding side doors, leather seats, heated front seats, dual

sunroofs (one fixed and the othertilt-adjustable) with sunshades and satellite navigation. 215/55R17.

Middle row has captain's chairs with integrated ottomans

Hi, does anyone know where we can rent the V6 or ultima in sydney in july, returning in Cairns in august? Thanks! Bruno

• 2 years later...
14789vu4.jpg

25435zr8.jpg

25450li6.jpg

I GOT ONE OF THESE !!! The ULTIMA !!

The sat nav is annoying that it doesnt let your passenger enter a detsination while you are moving and there is NO TV SCREEN function in the front (Not even when the car is parked and the foot break is on) But aside from that it is lovely !!

Just got it fully tinted !!!! Nice in Black ..

I accidently put 98 Octane Fuel in it when it should have been 95 will that harm the poor thing ? Does anyone know ?? From what I understand it will give me WORSE fuel economy becasue the octane is too high ???

the 98 will be good for it....i'd always run it on 98 if i were you, should get better fuel economy also and an improve in power (maybe not noticeable) if it is supposed to run on premium fuel i would always use 98....just like my sportivo....needs premium so its been on BP ultimate (98) for the last 2.5 years

the 98 will be good for it....i'd always run it on 98 if i were you, should get better fuel economy also and an improve in power (maybe not noticeable) if it is supposed to run on premium fuel i would always use 98....just like my sportivo....needs premium so its been on BP ultimate (98) for the last 2.5 years

Hmmm, Ok thanks very much for your advice - I am running it now and it seems to be travelling well on on the Km / Consumtion ratio, I can't notice any power difference from the 95 Octane but as you said I might not notice -- the thing runs like a rocket :D Will report back when the tank is empty - ;) Just passed 1100 Kilometres !!! Just got try to keep the damn Bird poo away !!! Seriously, it should be totally legal and in fact encouraged to kill CROWS !! Grr :lol:

Results Just in !!

98 Octane fuel (VORTEX 98) gave better fuel economy than the Octane 95 !!! And only 3 cents more in price than 95 !!

I got 11 Litres per 100 klms which is actually higher than Toyota reckon this car does :S It should be 10. something .. But the 95 fuel was about 12 Litres per 100 so there isnt a LOT in it .. I got an extra 50K's out of the Octane '98 (Vortex 98 Brand)..

But not far off.. I also discovered Japan runs a much higher octane fuel than we do here apparently, so maybe it would be prudent to use high octane fuel on all Japanese performance cars -- except they probably adjust the engines to run on our lower octane fuels perhaps ..

Now I have thrown in MOBIL 8000 Fuel to see if I can do better ;) People have told me MOBIL fuel is the best -- but who knows ??

:clap:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, the dealer told me that the new car would take 3 months for delivery.

It can't belive it. :(

Anyone has any idea why it takes so long.

I just brought a V6 GLX yesterday. I also added the Tinting and Leather Seat, can't wait .... :rolleyes: