Exhaust Request

Is there anyone who is prepared to give up their rear sportivo muffler. If so PM me as it may be of some benefit to us all. I am trying to get a custom made performance muffler made that will give our cars more power but they require the original. I know some of you guys have put after market mufflers on your car so may no longer require your old muffler. There is no money involved so it must be freely given. Stewart and I are trying to get something locally produced that will replace the exisiting unit without costing the earth. Based on the fact we will get the development work done at our cost that is why we want the muffler for free.

Stew control Paul please :D

***** mate, not asking much are you :huh:

You seen how much bigger than me he is... it'll be like putting a cute little kitten in with a pitbull :D :D

No offence intended Paul... Honest. Truly just some friendly banter. Umm ok maybe I went a little far but it wasn't my fault, danyther made me do it :D

Love to have a go at that custom exhaust when it's done. Hopefully it'll be a twin exhaust, gotta love that look.

The exhaust will be dual chrome tip (thats 2 tips -OO- sitting side by side on the drivers side)

The development is going to cost Peekay and myself 4 figures (materials, labour, Dyno time etc) and a lot of time without our cars. We intend when we get it right to make it available to all the forum at what it costs us to buy (no profit).

After seeing some of the messages Paul recieved over the wings and wanting him to haggle the price down more (people asking for another $10-$20 off) I wish to make it clear that whatever price the exhaust will be posted at there will be no negotiation. If you want it, that's what you pay. Postage/shipping from the manufacturer will be through who we organise at a set price!

As far as styling (and we have already recieved a couple PM's on could we do this or that) it will be up to those putting up the money (thats me, Peekay, Shao who has been supplying great information and spent considerable money on testing other car development items, & Danyther who's donating his exhaust to be cut in half and examined).

Any mods/alterations to our final design will not be possible and will be up to the buyer to take away and carry out themselves

Sorry if this all sounds a litlle blunt but I just want to make it clear and avoid another 'wings' post situation - if you looked at Peekays messages you would understand <_< and be a little p!ssed too. Some here have to learn all this stuff costs money and lots of it. If you do not have the $ then save for it, do not continually haggle the price. It just makes it too painfull to attempt these things and then offer to the group.

And NO we are not rich. We sacrifice in other areas to be able to afford to do these things. Even if it meens we have to work an extra job. I myself can work upwards of 90-100 hours a week!

hey guys,

For all of u's involved in the development on the exhust...i's like to say tht i cant wait till u's get a performance exhust for our cars...dat is one of the next things im looking foward in changing in my car...so i will b saving my money for tht...also i wana say tht i appriciate tht u's r spending ur time n money for the development of this, n sharing it with all of us...keep us posted on the new development

thanks

Michael.

TOYOTA TEAM AUSTRALIA (TTA) aka those developing the exhaust..heheh.. ;)

What are your objectives for the new exhaust?

eg: MAX POWER? MAX TORQUE? Minimal noise? Deep note?

Thanx

Chris

TOYOTA TEAM AUSTRALIA (TTA) aka those developing the exhaust..heheh.. ;)

What are your objectives for the new exhaust?

eg: MAX POWER? MAX TORQUE? Minimal noise? Deep note?

Thanx

Chris

All going well hopefully more torque between 3000-6000rpm and then an even greater increase in HP & torque in lift. All with a nice deep tone but not loud.

It can be done as TRD achieved it with the celica. They just do not do it for our car. :angry:

It can be done as TRD achieved it with the celica. They just do not do it for our car. :angry:

Hey Guys,

TRD do make a muffler for the ZZE123, but whether it has actual performance gains or not it doesnt say but being a TRD product I would assume it would.....

Here is the link TRD Muffler Ver.S and then use Babelfish to translate

TRD do make a muffler for the ZZE123

i have seen that muffler on the shelf at genesis and i think there is a corolla running it. it is from japan therefore the muffler is on the left side.

Nah mate does not fit our car sorry already checked that one out. If it had it would of been on my car months ago.

yeah I should have figured that if it did you would have it :D :P

• 8 months later...