Sportivo Video

I usually bang the limiter at least once every gear when playing around otherwise the shifter is just too tight to shift. Also it gives you a higher speed as compared to revving to 7500rpm hence 2nd gear is easier to land in LIFT (6200rpm). I tried shifting at 7500rpm and playing with the clutch but it doesn't work, lands at 5500rpm max unless i am driving downhill.

Zee

hmm ive never really had to go over 7800rpm approx. Its taken me a while but  i can land lift at about 6300 max. Had the car for 1.4years and only recently been able to do this.

Can you do that close to 100% of the time? Because if you are driving even slightly downhill you will land in LIFT easier. The only way i would be able to land above 6200rpm every shift is to hit rev limit on a level road, or to flat shift (never tried) or perform a super fast shift which i can perform in the other cars i have owned but not in the Stivo as i am paranoid about crunching 2nd gear which i have done on more than a few occassions already.

twice today, while driving in peak hour, i tried to down shift from 3rd to 2nd, to get that quick burst of speed to duck into a gap in another lane, and both times it wouldnt go in!

ive decided no more down shifts like that, gets abit dangerous especially if u get stuck and you move too slow and get collected by another car. a technique to get around it is to shift into neutral first, then clutch again, into 2nd, but that takes too much time.