My supercat Exhaust

Hey Guys,

I have a supercat exhaust and i believe i am loosing power from it, just when i put my foot down the exhuast makes a terrible noise and the car feels like it is struggling and not smoo, could this definatily be a problem, and if it is, can i get some recommendations on what exhuast i should install to see if this improves.

You have to be careful what exhausts you put onto a sportivo. Maybe the exhaust you have is too free flowing, so not enough back pressure, that is why down low you may be losing power.

Most recommended exhausts are Remus and CES, not sure about Apexi N1 or Magnaflow. They are both proven to gain for the 2zzge. I heard there is a TRD muffler also availble for our cars, but no one seems to have it yet.

Hey Guys,

I have a supercat exhaust and i believe i am loosing power from it, just when i put my foot down the exhuast makes a terrible noise and the car feels like it is struggling and not smoo, could this definatily be a problem, and if it is, can i get some recommendations on what exhuast i should install to see if this improves.

No sh1at, testing in melbourne reveals that the stock exhaust is the best. Get the stock headers port and polished and match to the head of your engine (HPC coating optional) - aka CES. Some tests have revealed that changing the CAT (not CAT-back) increases kw, but not worth the expense. Overall you gain a few kws at the wheels, no matter what you do, you will have to decide if its worth the $$$$. My stivo is stock, and pulls big numbers.

Hasn't this been covered b4? :ph34r:

I question your testing methods if your conclusion is that stock is the best......

1/4 mile testing has shown the CES to be the best :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

No arguments here.... <_<

As for stock being best...Tested with what other mods(restrictive intakes for one) that will affect output. That is a rather big generalisation to make without pure and honest back to back testing in controlled conditions.

Anyway CES do a cat back system with good gains(see trader section) and some others have reported some gains with changing the rear muffler with some of the more reputable brands of Jap tuners.

Big thing is how much do you want to spend?? And what on cause a muffler can nearly cost you the price of a custom cat back system.

Cheers SB :D

need more information. Is just the muffler that was replaced or the entire exhaust?

bumping this question... can you please answer it so we can get the bottom of your problem.

could be any number of things

also, which model supercat muffler did you get?

LMFAO @ Stock being best.

Azza you better give me that CES exhaust of yours then mate, I will trade you for my stock zorst. :P

For those of you who havent had a chance, please take a CES equipped car for a drive before you start spruiking about the stock pipe being better, I have had the joy of driving a CES exhaust equipped (no other mods) car back to back with my own (intake only) and the thing was that much faster I could not beleive it. We also tried in gear acceleration tests from standing start, 2nd gear, 3rd gear etc etc, and guess what . . . . . The CES equipped car WALKED AWAY every time. Funnily enough, peak power figures were very similar, 112kw from mine and about 113-114kw (from memory) on the CES equipped car. Question: How long do you spend at the rpm where peak power is produced compared to how long you spend where you need torque (3000rpm-6000rpm)?

Dont knock it till you have tried it.

Everything is opinionated. In my view nothing is ever the 'best'. I'm sure the CES unit does what it says, but in turn the stock system does a good enough job as it is. I speak for other people on this I guess when I say that I myself don't need to fork out copious amounts of money to replace something that already does a decent job. If you have the money, spend it I guess. The ironic thing is I do have the money, and even then choose not to spend it. That's just my 'opinion' though.

Anyway, sorry Gord. Maybe picking up a stock muffler would be good for you. At least you know what you're getting then.

Most recommended exhausts are Remus and CES, not sure about Apexi N1 or Magnaflow. They are both proven to gain for the 2zzge. I heard there is a TRD muffler also availble for our cars, but no one seems to have it yet.

i heard the n1 is loud and lose power. i have tried trd wagolis on my sedan and it sounds good plus it was bolt on specific for nze121. no issue with back pressure. both remus and trd are about $700-$800 but you can buy knowing they are designed to high standards.

i have not driven a car fitted with ces exhaust. but the first time i saw one was last month on e-gene's car. e-gene took off and it sounded quite nice. a moment later was a dc5r with mugen exhaust and that was on a totally different level.

Edited by kcorro

Ive been dumb enuff not ot follow the norm & fitted a 2 1/4 diameter straight thru system to suit the custom headers but fitted a cannon in the end,Firstly it sounded like a turbo exhaust(got that lumpy growl) but it was unbelievably loud in the cabin on all rev ranges & lost all power in the top end,(My missus was NOT happy Jan :blink: not only did it loose power overall ,it DAMN NEAR deafened her on the way to her birthday party )So i proceeded in progressively fitting 2 12" Walker resonators(Hotdogs) after the Cat to apply a lil back pressure,It improved the performance substantially & quietened the cabin noise.

After having made 2 exhaust systems for an evo & a 4wd laser this system(1ZZFE) has given me the most grief but the current results im very happy with.. morale of this story ....back pressure good

Everything is opinionated. In my view nothing is ever the 'best'. I'm sure the CES unit does what it says, but in turn the stock system does a good enough job as it is. I speak for other people on this I guess when I say that I myself don't need to fork out copious amounts of money to replace something that already does a decent job. If you have the money, spend it I guess. The ironic thing is I do have the money, and even then choose not to spend it. That's just my 'opinion' though.

Anyway, sorry Gord. Maybe picking up a stock muffler would be good for you. At least you know what you're getting then.

:clap: Give the man medal :toast:

Ask as he may but rob ur never going to get that medal bcuz all u deserve is a kick up the rear end :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Ask as he may but rob ur never going to get that medal bcuz all u deserve is a kick up the rear end :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

I know you like my rear end. It belongs to someone else though Bill sorry (who is female mind you) :P :P :P :P :P :P :P